TREASURY MANAGER at ALAF Company Limited
Dar es Salam,
Reference Number ALAF03022023/01
DescriptionOverall Job Purpose
- Daily cash management
- Managing long term and short term loans within the organization.
- Advising the Finance Controller on investment opportunities available
- Managing credit rating agency relationship.
- Formulate policies and procedures that govern all Treasury operations
- Supporting the month end process where necessary.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and fund availability for investment.
- Monitoring and managing the organizations bank relationship and liquidity management
- Managing foreign currency exposure and payments; Hedge and Minimize interest rate risk and foreign exchange risk
- Analyzing various scenarios and risk and reporting to the Treasury Accountant.
- Forecasting of medium and long term funding and hedging requirement. (If applicable)
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Treasury activities
- Liaising with senior management across the organization
- Supporting the month end process where necessary
- Any other related work that may be assigned by the management.
Responsibility for Internal and External Relations
• CEO, General Manager, Finance Manager, Credit Controller, Supply Chain Manager, Human Resource Manager etc.
• Interaction with Bank/Suppliers/Third Party.
- Supervise Treasury Officers, Payment Assistants, Payment Accountants
1. Treasury, Banking and Working Capital Management:
- To coordinate with Financial Institutions and Banks and ensure smooth completion of all the financial transactions;
- To prepare, monitor and manage cash flow plans to ensure that financial obligations are timely met, any default risk is identified well in advance so as corrective actions are taken;
- To focus on the working capital management to ensure that Company’s liquidity ratio remains within the policy, any deviations are brought to notice in time so as corrective action are taken;
- To ensure that necessary funds are arranged well within time to meet all the financial commitment of the business in time;
- To ensure that all the available banking facilities are used in such a way so that overall costs are not only kept in control but constant savings are achieved;
- To ensure banking facility covenants are tracked, monitored and pre-empt Finance Controller on any probable breach;
- To ensure necessary reports in respect of Treasury function are prepared accurately and timely for management’s review;
- To ensure control and monitoring over Petty cash payments;
- To ensure Treasury function operates efficiently and always looking for ways to improve internal and external customer satisfaction;
2. Forex Management
- To keep track of the development in the Forex Markets;
- To keep track of the various products / options available to cover the forex risks;
- To keep track of the forex exposure and the due dates for the payment of commitments as well as expected forex receipts so as to effectively cover the risks relating to foreign exchange movements;
- To ensure that all the forex commitments are met in time and at the least possible cost.
3. Vendor Management
- To ensure maintenance of proper records of vendor obligations say, register for movement of vendor invoices once processed by Supply Chain and accounted for by the Accounts payable team;
- To keep track of due dates for vendor obligations and ensure settlement as per due dates;
- To attend to Vendor’s queries with respect to their payments;
- To ensure vendor account details are correctly and timely updated in bank portals;
- To ensure application of WHT on payments, wherever applicable;
4. Receipts Management
- To ensure Customer collections timely and accurately posted;
- To advise on innovative solutions for efficient collection processes;
- To assist other colleagues in Finance department in respect of customer collections, accounts payable, etc;
- To maintain cross-functional relationships with other departments in order to improve efficiency of Treasury processes and customer satisfaction (both internal and external);
- To attend to any other task, as may be assigned by the management
- Minimum: University level (B. Com Accounting or equivalent) with CPA
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Degree / Diploma / Certifications in Treasury Management
- Professional registration: Registered with NBAA
- General work experience (years): Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 4 years of experience
- Industry: Manufacturing and or Banking
- Good command of English and Kiswahili languages
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate with experience of using databases, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and SAP systems
- Effective team player with positive energy and enthusiasm
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Employee centric, fast paced and prompt
- Well focused with an understanding of priorities and changing demands
- Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and to meet tight deadlines.
Work Level Senior
Job Type Permanent
Salary Market Related
EE Position No
Location Dar es Salaam