Tractor Driver at Kilimanjaro Plantation Limited (KPL)
Moshi, Kilimanjaro Region,
POST: TRACTOR DRIVER
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
Remuneration: Competitive and depending on experience.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Who we are:
Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd was established in 2000 and is now one of East Africa’s largest coffee farms located on the southern slope of Mount Kilimanjaro in The Kibosho – Mweka ward. It is recognized for growing and producing high-quality, sustainable, Arabica Coffee for export thereby being one of the most modern coffee farms in Tanzania. For further information please visit our website: www.kilimanjaro-plantation.com
We are currently looking for: a dedicated, experienced, qualified, and motivated personto join and further develop our Farm Operation team and activities in a long-term perspective.
Ensuring the smooth operation of our coffee plantation, contributing to the growth and success of our coffee production.
Tasks and responsibilities:
In this role you will report to the Farm Manager and/or Irrigation & Workshop Manager and your responsibilities will comprise:
· Operate and maintain tractors and other farm machinery efficiently and safely
· Transport materials, supplies, and harvested coffee beans within the plantation
· Perform routine inspections to identify and report any machinery malfunctions or safety concerns
· Support the planting, irrigation, and harvesting activities as directed.
· Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a secure working environment
- A candidate envisaged for this role will have the following skills: Effective problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Flexibility: Willingness to adapt to changing farm needs and work outside regular business hours when required.
- Proven experience operating tractors and farm machinery
- Knowledge of tractor maintenance and repair.
- An ability to work well as part of a team or when working alone.
- Strong leadership, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent team player
- Familiarity with coffee plantation operations is desirable but not mandatory
- Physical fitness and ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Valid driver’s license with Class G and a clean driving record
- A candidate envisaged for this role will have: Education: Certificate for Tractor Operations Training at any recognized institution
- Work Experience:
- 1 – 3 years of experience in driving tractors.
- Can speak both languages, preferably Swahili
MODE OF APPLICATION:
If you are interested and believe you qualify for this role, please submit your application (CV and letter of application) in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number by 25th August 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Both Men and Women are encouraged to apply.