Temporary Policy and Advocacy Officer at PATH
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience8 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
- Advocacy strategy development and implementation and documentation of advocacy efforts
- Intergovernmental collaboration and technical assistance
- Management of small grants for local CSOs - Manage small grants for civil society organizations undertaking social accountability and budget advocacy supporting workplan development, implementation, documentation, and reporting.
- Learning Agenda - Undertake advocacy skills building and provide technical assistance to civil society organizations and coalitions (coalitions established by or partnering with PATH) to undertake budget advocacy and tracking, and social accountability activities.
- Build and nurture partnership with county and national level policy makers, regional economic blocs’ leadership, and strategic partners to drive PATH’s advocacy agenda alongside internal advocacy officers
- Support new business development including the finalization of the PHC supplement
- Provide technical support to other PATH programs as maybe needed
- Develop and ensure timely submission of project reports and other in compliance with PATH priorities and policies, and donor requirements.
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- 8 years or more of relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree an added advantage.
- Prior work in policy advocacy and direct work with partners and government agencies (MOH, County Departments of Health, Council of Governors etc) required.
- Advocacy experience related to reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and or primary health care or HSS strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Kenya and knowledge of county context required.
- Ability to travel for up to 35%
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH on path.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply