Systems Administrator at Cotec Security Group Limited
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- Salary Range: KSh 50,000 - KSh 100,000/month
We are a leading integrated security solutions provider with a presence in all major urban centers within the country. We specialize in providing professional integrated security products, services and solutions. We are looking for a detail-oriented problem-solver to join our team as a systems administrator.
The Systems Administrator will manage network servers, maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Identify system requirements and install upgrades
- Maintains, secure and upgrade a web system
- Create a backup and safeguard the data
- Perform account setup for new and old employees
- Track emerging technologies and implement them in the organization
- Monitor the use of hardware and software and ensure all software are licensed.
- Identify and evaluate the risks and their mitigation factors (ATAC) and a disaster recovery plan.
- Develop, implement and monitor company’s ICT policy, practices for data protection, interne use, e-mail, security and ICT resource management.
- Develop hardware, software and the network solutions throughout the company, to meet management, operational and administrative needs.
- Provide support and guidance to staff and management in the use of ICT and provide feedback.
- Train staff on a wide range of applications used in the company.
- Submit monthly quarterly management reports on ICT use and cost and demonstrate best value in provision of products and services.
- Advise management on new ICT technologies that leverage the company ahead of the industry in order to continuously improve efficiency.
- Ensure full automation of relevant company activities.
- Assist in publicity materials designing and continuous website and other publicity materials updating.
- Assist in various e-portal access as and when required, like during tender processes.
- Consistently evaluate and modify system’s performance as and when required.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server development, and security.
- Ensure that network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN / WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy network: maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways.
- Develop and update company websites and update company social media forums.
- Ensure daily backup of company data.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and other data communication systems such as intranets or internet within their company.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness: you should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
- Solid knowledge of business information systems, major ERP Systems, Hotel Point of Sales Systems and Door Lock Systems.
- Working knowledge of SAP business software applications.
- Familiarity with programming languages like Visual Basic, C++ and Java.
- Familiarity with network firewall such as Sophos.
- Should be well conversant with Cyber Security.
- Basic graphics design and online marketing skills.
- Ability to explain technical details.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- BSc/Ba/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a plus.
- CCNA Certificate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
Job Location: Nairobi, with frequent travelling to other cities and towns.
Method of Application
If your experience and competencies match the above specifications, please send your resume and cover letter only, clearly indicating the Job Title on the subject line, and forward your application to reach us not later than 15th August, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.