Sustainability Program Manager - Water at Diageo
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Project Management
About the role
Our ambition is to create one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. To achieve that ambition, we need to make sure we are doing business the right way, from grain to glass. That means thinking about the long-term value we create and the risks and opportunities of our operating environment and business model. It also means ensuring we are proud of what we do at work, at home and in our communities.
Reporting to the Head of Sustainability Strategy for Supply, the prime function of this role is to lead the Sustainability Programme for the 2030 sustainability goals for water in operations and manage it according to internal compliance controls, best practices, and statutory requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting Diageo’s Global 2030 environmental sustainability ambition, by developing and delivering the pillar strategy and roadmaps.
- Establishing a work plan with key partners in the different Supply Chain functions and market organisation structures that drives the transformation priorities and embeds the improvement programs at all levels.
- Leading the research, development, pilot, and costing of technology solutions alongside our Innovation and Technical teams.
- Collating & sharing impactful insights on risks & opportunities with sites, supply leadership and other senior partners, including through the roadmap sufficiency process.
- Driving engagement for the implementation of standard methodologies in the areas of environmental performance, technology, standards and peer capabilities.
- Raising environmental awareness, at all levels, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Leading collaborator engagement with key partners in the GST, CR, in-market teams, engineering and Manufacturing Excellence as well as other critical enabling teams.
- Developing internal guidance and tool kits to enhance water knowledge and drive standard processes throughout the organisation
- To be successful in role you will have a track record for creating tools to support operations teams in water savings and have experience in measuring water usage in the wider supply chain. You’ll have experience completing and tracking global water programmes.
- You will have proven negotiating and influencing abilities across all functions, budget holders, internal and external collaboration, at all levels, both in market and globally.
- A proven track record in managing upwards and across, projects, and cross-functional team working.
- Great engagement and communication skills, the experience of coaching and influencing a range of partners for success as well as excellent project management, program management, communication, and interpretation of complex data and trends.
- You will have advanced understanding of Diageo’s environmental capability framework for Environmental sustainability. Such as; Carbon & Energy, Water and Wastewater, Solid waste and resource use, Specific aspects to air, land, and water, and site biodiversity.
- You will have subject matter expertise on water technologies and innovation opportunities.
- It would be great if you have in-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, supply chains in food & beverage with experience working across multiple countries/geographies/cultures.
- Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
- We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
- Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Diageo on diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply