Senior Portfolio Management Officer at Trade and Development Bank (TDB)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 8 - 10 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Banking , Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Reporting to the Executive, Portfolio Management or designate, the Senior Portfolio Management Officer, undertakes various portfolio management activities and is primarily responsible for managing the Bank's loan portfolio from financial close to final settlement of the loan with a view to maintaining and improving the quality of the loan portfolio, drive growth and diversification. In addition, the job holder provides effective leadership, mentorship, and coaching among staff under his/her management.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Review portfolio management policies and procedures of the Department to streamline operations, manage risk, and meet compliance requirements and international best practices.
- Prepare departmental Board Papers, carrying out analysis of the performance of the loan portfolio of the Bank, inform management and the Board of Executives, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Originate/process disbursements for project loans in line with the terms of the Loan Agreement, the Bank's disbursement/procurement guidelines to grow the loan book.
- Facilitate project implementation, strengthen the Bank's securities, and obtain value for money as well as mitigation performance risk.
- Manage/ensure project implementation to ensure the completion of the project within the agreed scope, time and resources.
- Monitoring and evaluation of operational projects to ensure smooth operation and repayment of the loan.
- Identify red flags on a project and make appropriate recommendations for solutions on distressed accounts.
- Guide/Coach Portfolio Management Officers in the management of complex and troubled loan accounts to turnaround status and thus maximize recovery.
- Prepare and implement Loan Restructuring solutions to turn around distressed loans account/projects and write-back provisions.
- Design and implement Loan work-out solutions to maximize recoveries from non-performing loans and written-off accounts.
- Ensure borrowers' compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to mitigate compliance risks affecting the implementation and operation of each project and hence the repayment of loans.
- Manage stakeholders to establish and nurture good banking relationships, advance the Bank's objectives, and maximize returns.
- Coordinate with other departments as appropriate to provide information to external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Banking, or a related field from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial/Development Banking or Financial institution environment.
- Robust knowledge of loan portfolio analytics and loan portfolio risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record in relationship management.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments and still deliver top-quality reports while meeting tight deadlines.
- Results-oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams and deliver results.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications.