Senior People And Culture Business Partner
--Career Options Africa Group - KE--
Senior People and Culture Business Partner
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
P&C Strategy and Business Plan
- Contribute to the development of Country P&C strategy, priorities and annual plan in support of and in alignment with Global and Regional P&C strategic priorities.
- Support the National Office in implementing effective P&C strategies and business plans
Human Resources Subject Matter Expert
- Provide guidance to management and employees on human resources issues, employment law, and develop new programs and initiatives to meet management needs
- Maintaining a current knowledge of legislation and regulation related to P&C issues, update and maintain the local employee handbook
- Assist in providing interpretation and advice to the business regarding policies, process and procedures
- Represent the P&CD and management in external industrial relations engagements. Like attending to court cases etc.
- Work with the legal and Executive Assistant in handling disputes and litigations against the organization.
Staffing Solution: (Recruitment, Orientation and Onboarding)
- Develop and monitor the WVB workforce plans and recruitment plans to ensure timely implementation in accordance to WV P&C standards
- Provide technical support and/or coordination support in recruitment, orientations and onboarding operations with WVB P&C recruiters and respective hiring managers. These includes facilitating the orientation process of new staff and ensure that P&C core documents are signed and filed (i.e. Police Background checks, Disclosure form/conflict of interest, Child protection, Employee Code of conduct, Core values, mission, vision & employee manual.)
- Participate in staff interviews sessions when required and provide guidance to the interview panel members on the required compliance of WV recruitment standards of integrity and transparency.
- Participate in the project proposal development process when required with the P&C Specialist – Grants to capture staffing needs for recruitment planning and early warning recruitments.
- Regularly review, audit and improve interview reports/minutes and interview assessment tests tools and documentation used for WVB recruitment processes.
P&C policies, procedures and guidelines
- Provide technical assistance in organization analysis, planning, design & capacity building, reward management, performance management, employee engagement, training and policy review.
- Ensure alignment of National Office P&C practices, policies and procedures to WVI P&C strategy, policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop, review and update Country P&C policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with the WV International policy standards and local labour laws
- Provide technical expertise/ advice to line managers and staff on human resource processes and organizational policies and practices
Business Partnering on P&C process and systems
- Acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers for Workday support
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively support line managers to identify gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Facilitate the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Support the P&C staff wellbeing initiatives and Staff engagement surveys as well as carry out regular HR field visits to help address field staff concerns that may need attention.
- Collaborate with Managers in Handling Employee Disciplinary Procedures as well as Employee Relation issues
People & Culture Analysis and Reporting
- Provide and ensure quality and timely submission of the P&C monthly report by 25th of the month as agreed based on the P&C Division Strategy
- Support the P&C Initiatives on any assigned tasks or Project
- Coordinate in P&C Scorecard, Work force planning, Performance management bell curve assessment, diversity targets, Workday systems management, Our Voice survey and action plan implementation.
- Prepare an annual business plan and budget for the unit and monitor its execution through the P&C Team
Staff care and staff well-being
- Ensure staff well-being in terms of office space, equipment, medical insurance, leaves and work-life balance is maintained at all times
- Compile without fail a monthly Update on Staff Welfare- Situational Report for cases of non-work attendance.
- Establish and implement staff well-being and engagement mechanisms
- Ensure Staff are aware on Staff Care initiatives.
- Staff care info posters are placed at the prominent places
- Completion of any work assigned by the P & C Director
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum Qualification required: Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related field Human Resource Management.
- University degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Psychology, Org. Leadership or Org. Development or any relevant field.
- At least three years related People & Culture experience in an NGO
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in all areas of P&C management and staff development
- Excellent computer skills and good understanding and experience in Human Resource Information Systems.
- Direct experience in facilitating organizational change and P&C interventions.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- passion for excellence, excellent writing and presentation skills combined with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Influencing & very good organizational abilities
- Good knowledge of Policies making and Policy implementation,
- Good knowledge Burundi labor law and legal requirements
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Commitment to World Vision objectives and ministry, mission statement and core values
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 20 % Domestic travel is required. 5-10 % international travel.
- On call:
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only