Senior .NET Software Engineer at Deimos
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience5 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate the ability to pick up more complex software development tasks.
- Supports and guides the team to deliver quality code while participating in code reviews.
- Write clean and efficient code for backend applications.
- Work with SQL and non-relational database management systems.
- Ability to Interact or consume APIs and help design new API services.
- Participate in the continuous integration and delivery of applications.
- Assist in debugging and troubleshooting applications when issues arise in a timely fashion
- Contribute to client meetings and deliver the best service and technology solutions
- Log timesheets on Forecast.app for the billing of clients.
- Participate in the designing of an architecture that meets the requirements of the problem.
- Contribute to mentoring of Interns, Juniors, and Intermediates in order to help accelerate their technical growth.
- Consistently writes high-quality production-ready code that is easily testable, reusable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Contribute to documentation, functional specifications, and design documents using the modern engineering practices and leveraging the industry-leading technology.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of quality code practices including, but not limited to, practicing test-driven development by writing unit, integration & end to end test.
What you must have:
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering roles.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and experience with modern .NET (>= v6).
- Strong understanding of REST API design concepts & implementation in .NET
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and associated concepts (specifically dependency injection).
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server etc.
- Basic understanding of potential security threats (e.g. SQL injection, XSS) along with mitigation approaches.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of cloud-native architecture.
- Good problem-solving skills and have a willingness to always improve.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with testing methodologies and implementation.
- Experience building reliable and resilient applications at scale within a microservices environment.
- Good understanding of architectural patterns and when to apply them.
For us to achieve our ambitious vision together as a team, It is important for our Martians to lead at all levels, be self starters who take initiative and put their hands up for challenging tasks. A growth mindset is important to us and we encourage all our Martians to openly share knowledge, support and help each other, ask questions, get creative with new technologies and learn from setbacks.
Becoming a Martian means:
- Comfortably working and learning from a fully remote, culturally diverse team based predominantly in South Africa and Nigeria.
- Being an open, honest and respectful communicator.
- You enjoy asking questions, identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions, no matter your job title or whether you have been with us for a day, a month or years!
- You are comfortable taking initiative and operating independently.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, where change is constant.
- You find it exciting to work with various clients, from different industries, each with a different problem for you and your team to solve.
- Intentionally sharing tech and industry trends that excite you with your peers.
- Seeking continuous feedback and actively taking steps to continuously grow personally and professionally.
Want to know what you get by joining us?
- Become a member of a team where we value each individual's contribution from day 1 and empower you to make suggestions, get involved and do what you love most!
- Flexibility and the freedom to work from anywhere you choose and feel you thrive best.
- Work-life balance where you are not expected to work over weekends or after hours.
- A forward thinking remote company that knows how important it is to stay connected as one team, by providing social platforms for employee engagement, virtually or in person.
- A monthly work from home allowance which you can use to set yourself up to work comfortably from home. Whether that is pens, notebooks, new headphones or work snacks!
- A MacBook or Windows laptop for you to do your best work on.
- Become part of a team of exceptionally clever and talented people who like to share their knowledge and learnings.
- We support your career growth and love setting you up for the future! We want you to succeed and will continue to support you, even after you leave.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Deimos on deimoscloud.bamboohr.com to apply