Senior Mechanical Product Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Product Management
About the role:
- M-KOPA is now working to extend this connected asset financing expertise into the electric mobility space, with an initial focus on electric 2-wheelers. Your work will have a massive impact both environmentally and in the financial independence it creates for our customers.
- We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Mechanical Product Manager to join our Mobility team. We ask that you have an understanding and experience with motorcycles, especially their mechanical aspects.
- You will assess and provide feedback on the quality and safety of motorcycle designs and their iterations from multiple electric Motorbike suppliers, ensuring alignment with M-KOPA's requirements and customer expectations.
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is excited about what we do. You don't need to be an expert in Electric Mobility, but you are keen to learn and apply our company's values.
As a Senior Mechanical Product Manager for Mobility, you will:
- Be a passionate product champion for all things involving electric motorbikes, with a deep specialty on the mechanical side.
- Evaluate and assess motorcycles from various suppliers on their mechanical quality, safety, and overall performance.
- Convert customer, market, and business needs into mechanical product requirements, ensuring our offerings are competitive and meet our customers' needs.
- Collaborate with various teams, including engineering, sales, and customer service to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Monitor market trends and conduct analysis on emerging/alternate suppliers to keep our product offerings competitive.
- Oversee the relationship with suppliers to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to safety regulations.
- Monitor feedback from the field to track product safety/quality and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with required regulations and standards.
You're excited about this opportunity because:
- You will be working with an enthusiastic team focused on accelerating the transition to electric mobility in Africa.
- Your work will have an impact on our customers' livelihood by achieving progress in their lives through technology and financing accessibility.
- Demonstrating team spirit is important to you.
We're excited about you because:
- You have at least four years of experience in product management, preferably within the motorcycle or broader mobility industry.
- You have a bachelor's degree in mechanical or automotive engineering or have deep experience with the mechanical components and design of motorbikes or equivalent experience.
- You have proven experience assessing the mechanical and safety aspects of motorcycles.
- You understand the importance of well-communicating concepts with partners.
- You can travel occasionally to meet with suppliers, partners, or customers.