Senior Business Development Analyst at Summit Recruitment and Search
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience4 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Engineering / Technical , Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Working alongside BD Mangers to plan origination and to identify potential new co-development opportunities.
- Analyzing the financial fundamentals of a new opportunity and using their judgement to make sound commercial assessments and present data in a meaningful way
- Having a good understanding of the organizations’ strategy and ensuring new investment proposals are fully aligned to it, with a particular focus on climate, gender, Sustainable Development Impact and Health, Safety, Environmental and Social (HSES) considerations
- Drafting and screening investment papers and reviewing with the Regional BD lead and seeking input from across the business
- Co-ordinating and managing due diligence of new opportunities, identifying and suggesting mitigations for any risks.
- Analyzing the commercial structure and associated terms in a project, understanding, querying or developing financial models as needed, securing sign-off of financial assumptions and model.
- Being familiar with financial and legal jargon and engaging knowledgeably with finance and legal teams during due diligence of a new opportunity
- Assisting the BD Manager in the negotiation and structuring of a new opportunity, ensuring prior input and agreement to proposed terms / structure from Legal, Finance and Business Integrity
- Reviewing and identifying potential risks within project plans and budgets and forecasting disbursements from projects
- Compiling BD reports, maintaining up to date data on the projects that they are supporting and helping to track progress against the pipeline of IDC approved co-development projects
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance or business management, with strong academics
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the origination and development of infrastructure projects or within infrastructure businesses
- A track record of evaluating and presenting investment proposals to a Board or Investment Committee
- A robust understanding of the commercial realities of developing infrastructure projects in sub-Saharan Africa, the potential risks / issues that should be identified and mitigated, and the financial fundamentals needed for success.
- Demonstrable interest in the sectors and geographies where the organization in Africa
- Having a strong network of contacts within the infrastructure market in sub-Saharan Africa
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Summit Recruitment and Search on www.summitrecruitment-search.com to apply