Rwanda Procurement Associate
--One Acre Fund - RW--
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
This is an exciting role for a supply chain or operations management enthusiast. The post holder will manage the Rwanda Procurement operations and team, overseeing the purchase of operational goods and services on behalf of One Acre Fund Rwanda smallholder farmers. The role is very dynamic and the environment is fast paced with a lot of opportunity to drive significant impact via operational excellence and enriching strategic projects.
The post holder shall manage three sub teams in the procurement department.
Contribute significantly to the mission of the Organization by sourcing quality goods and services at below market prices to drive cost savings and client satisfaction.
Manage a team of +11 people and report to the Global Procurement Senior Associate.
Lead all local initiatives to source operational goods and services.
- Train team in identifying quality, high-level suppliers and negotiating the best prices and terms.
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all team members and hold staff accountable to these rigorous expectations.
- Identify and address team development needs and provide support
- Excellence in execution
- Deliver requested items to customers on time, with the correct specifications and at consistently below market prices.
- Coordinate quality assurance activities and implement best practices.
- Manage strategic projects geared towards driving efficiency and cost saving for the Organization.
- Effectively manage inventory held and adequately adopt operating procedures and best practices.
- Process Improvement
- Review existing processes, policies and systems to identify and implement improvements that save time and money.
- Implement standard practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives
- Stakeholder management
- Represent the Procurement team to internal clients and suppliers.
- Maintain frequent collaboration with internal departments to reinforce visibility into program operations and forster improved relationships.
- Drive demand planning initiatives to ensure timely sourcing of goods and services.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in operations management experience with preference in supply chain.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Strong people management experience required.
- Bachelors degree
- Language: English required, French, Kinyarwanda, or Swahili is an asset.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
31 July 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.