Rwanda Logistics Office Coordinator
--One Acre Fund - RW--
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
bout the Role
As a Logistics operations support coordinator, you will ensure the smooth running of the Logistics Department. You will carry out all procurement duties for the department, assist with processing expense requests, and manage the department’s assets. Additionally, you will provide assistance and support throughout the Logistics department operations.
- Coordinate the Logistics operations support and procurement.
- Prepare and procure services, distribution material and supplies for the Logistics office and warehouses;
- Provide the administrative support to the department by ensuring all documents and correspondence of the Logistics department are kept safely and organized;
- Ensure that the logistics team has equipment, materials and other facilities that help them to perform their job (water, electricity, scales…);
- Coordinate team meetings by ensuring the availability of all facilitations (rooms, materials, equipment and food);
- Support the Rwanda Logistics Lead in different projects when need be.
- Overseeing the Department expense requests processing
- Ensuring all Logistics vendors are compliant to the One Acre Fund payment process by providing all required documents;
- Receive, and process Logistics expenses requests by ensuring all vendors are paid
- Follow up with finance the status of payment of logistics requests and provide feedback to whom is concerned;
- Create and keep the Logistics expenses trackers updated and organized to inform the department leadership
- Prepare monthly expenses reports.
- Coordinate the Assets management operations
- In collaboration with the Regional Coordinators, ensuring that all warehouses and their infrastructures are in good condition for our operations by reporting on time any damages and deteriorations;
- Work with the stakeholders on prevention and maintenance of the warehouse infrastructures;
- Conduct a monthly counts and reconciliation of all One Acre Fund assets used by Logistics;
- Department at the warehouses and the office and share comprehensive report of and data in the system.
- Put together the best practices for the warehouse team to follow when using equipment, material and asset in general;
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment and materials is done on time by preparing a maintenance plan and sharing the maintenance report.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Logistics and other related field with 2+ years experience
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and google suites skills.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, both written and spoken
- 2 years experience managing team and stakeholders
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Women are encouraged to apply
30 July 2023