Resource Development Manager
Burundi time type: Full
Job requisition idR23622
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
GAM Strategy and Coordination:
- Lead the revision and roll out of the grants acquisition and management strategy / Business Plan (for both public and private) in alignment with RO strategy and targets.
- In accordance with Global Strategy, GAM processes and the RO Business Planning Cycle, assist the PDQA Director and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in setting annual grant income projections
- Assess the GAM´s competencies to promote innovation cross functionally, agility and efficiency in the conformation of a high-level task forces for new resource acquisition for WVIB.
- Lead/coordinate process to determine opportunity prioritization, human, and financial resource allocation.
- Provide day to day leadership and management to ensure timely and efficient support for prepositioning, proposal development and effective issue resolution in grant performance
- Provide innovative management guidance for new resources opportunities (businesses, social products, and others).
- GAM Strategy with realistic targets in place.
Donor Identification, Engagement and Prepositioning:
- Track the donor landscape (research, analyse, develop, track relationships with new and current donors) to organize prepositioning meetings with donors and key partners.
- Actively engage and participate in strategic in country donor and partner meetings.
- Identify key relationships to strengthen positioning and elevate WVIB profile.
- In coordination with Communications coordinator ensure the implementation of the global impact framework, and support the development of capacity statements, marketing and communication materials using the technical branding approach for donor engagement and prepositioning.
- Facilitate relationships and build credibility with donors, using previous success and documented best practices in grant management.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the requirements of current potential donors and be proactive in the lookout for local, regional, and global opportunities.
- Donor Engagement plan in place
- Recruit and manage competent staff.
- Establish an efficient grant opportunity tracking system for tracking grant opportunities and manage opportunity pipeline maintaining an overview of country level grant funding opportunities and donor trends.
- Cultivate SO relationships, to ensure effective coordination as opportunities emerge for both public and private.
- In coordination with SOs and cross functional teams, develop high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Support the PDQA director in the development of consortia.
- Ensure the appropriate use of the Grants Risk Assessment Form to facilitate the Go/No Go Decision.
- Provide strategic direction pursue non-traditional funding sources, identifying emerging or untapped high potential donors and new emerging models.
- High quality grants and PNS proposal with a win rate of over 60%
- Ensure all staff involved in grants, including the position holder have completed and are Proposal pro certified.
- Lead, manage and provide capacity building support to employees in the team, & seconded staff by ensuring clear goals and accountabilities are established and achieved.
- Ensure individuals’ performance and development needs are met, and employees are high performing and engaged.
- Identify capacity gaps in grants acquisition and management.
- Lead with the SOs and regional RDU, the roll out of the partnership grants acquisition training software (i.e. Proposal Pro) and the use of Horizon for opportunity tracking.
- Develop a strong successor to be able to take up increasing grant management responsibility
- GAM staff with capacity to deliver high quality proposals and donor engagementplans
Representation at various fora:
- To ensure appropriate representation of the RO at strategic fora that could lead to resource acquisition and enhanced programming collaboration.
- Represent the RO in the grant’s community fora (internal and external to WV).
- Participate in WV internal grant communities – GAM CoP, Fragile Context CoP, GAM Hubs and Global Grants Compliance Unit.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the Programme Director
- Ensure the spiritual well-being of Christian staff members
- Foster a framework for the development and practice of interfaith initiatives amongst staff
Knowledge/Qualifications for the Role
Required Professional Experience
- Advanced degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development, Business Management or any relevant Social Sciences, technical studies and/or 8+ years of experience in emergency response, development programming.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in grant acquisition and/or grant management, especially in in complex/protracted emergencies, recovery operations
- Experienced networker with strong skills in donor relations, negotiations and partnering with up to date knowledge of the donor landscape and trends in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major institutional donors (bilateral and/or multilateral).
- Familiarity with EU, USAID/OFDA, DFID, CIDA, AusAID grant compliance and procedures
- Proven experience and skills in proposal writing.
- Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners and to “translate” donor language related to guidelines and different requirements to ensure that both concept notes/proposals and project implementation are compliant with donor requirements.
- Strong influencing and networking skills; consortia/network development experience.
- Experience in acquiring funding from private donors (foundations and corporations).
- Experience with public-private partnerships
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.