Resort Manager at Corporate Staffing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the facility is sparkling clean, neat and tidy in all areas at all times.
- Promote a professional and hospitable image to the guest Give full cooperation to any guest requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- Actively take part in sales and marketing activities of the resort and come up with growth strategies to increase revenue
- Maintain regular and efficient communication with the directors
- Take on supervisory responsibilities as required and assist in all areas operationally.
- Assist in the training and induction of new staff.
- Ensure the security of the resort, inventory and keys at all times.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Purchase items for the resort and engaging with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products and provide performance assessment of vendors
- Inspect restaurant for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Carrying out random inspection of stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc.) with the Chef to ensure quality food is served
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out and reviewed regularly.
- Identify and report maintenance requirements/hazards in the workplace.
- Assume responsibility whilst on duty for any emergency situations in line with procedures.
- Attend any training meetings as required.
- Supervises and delegates duties to staff and prepares work schedules for them.
- Develops weekly host’ schedules, monitors team attendance and put up the leave calendar
- Supervises all sections and improvements in operation where finds opportunities to develop service standards.
- Plans and organizes departmental periodical training sessions for staff of courtesy, efficiency and job knowledge (especially for new staff).
- Keeps knowledge/information of any change in resort policy and procedure and enforce them.
- Ensures good communication and cooperation between the front office department and other departments.
- Performs all duties applicable to the night shift ensuring all reports, system checks, as well as run of the day (date system change), are performed according to standards and hotel requirements.
- Controls expenses of the resort.
- Liaise closely with housekeeping to ensure that the optimum number of rooms/suites are available and all incoming guests requirements are met.
- Reads all reservation correspondence prior to the guest arrival to understand the needs and wants of the guests, updates and corrects information accordingly
- Conducts daily briefings
- Blocks a special room. Requests and personally checks them prior to the arrival of guests.
- Personally welcomes guests and allocates rooms and coordinates with the supervisor for proper follow up.
- Make sure that the service of the front office is prompt and attentive at all times.
- Personally resolves any problem a guest may face during his stay in the hotel or endeavours to provide the maximum service possible always with a margin for flexibility.
- Conducts regular inspections of areas directly under his responsibility.
- Meets regularly with supervisors to convey all necessary information, concerning events taking place in the hotel, memoranda received, transfers and training procedures or instruction from higher management.
- Communicate to management concerns, movement of guests and guest comments.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecast, reports and tracking logs
- Conforms to the company’s Policies & Procedures.
- Directing and assessing workflow periodically.
- Instituting suitable disciplinary measures upon employees’ misconduct.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management requirements.
- Diploma/Degree in hospitality, sales and marketing or any related field
- Possession of a Management, Training and Development, or adjacent qualification is ideal.
- Demonstrable experience as a reliable resort manager.
- Three or more years of progressive managerial experience as a hotelier.
- Experience in Food and Beverage service
- Experience in housekeeping and Front Office
- Have basic hotel accounting knowledge
- Consistent & proven track record in business development, client acquisition and retention.
- Proficient in mainstream scheduling solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Brilliant supervision, motivational, and task delegation abilities.
- Refined coordination techniques.
- Willingness to perform nighttime and weekend tasks.
- Knowledge of MS Suite applications.
- Excellent knowledge of guest related functions and guest service.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Is self-motivated and can work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure in all aspects of job function.
- Ability to maintain guest confidentiality.
- Possess good administration and inventory management skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity
- Physically fit to climb stairs and handle heavy luggage, heavy lifting of materials up to 75lbs.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Product Controller – FMCG) on or before 22nd August 2023.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org