Regional Development Capacity Co-ordinator
|Industries :||Services other|
|Job ads :||See our Job Ads|
Company descriptionATAF strives to build efficient and effective tax administrations in Africa to become the leader on African tax matters, enhance economic... read more
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Regional Development Capacity Co-ordinator
The African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) has received financing from the African Development Fund towards the cost of the Regional Institutional Support Project for Public Financial Governance – Phase II (RISPFG) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this Grant to payments under the contract for a Regional Development Capacity Co-ordinator.
- The services included under this project are consultative engagement and validation of regional needs and priorities which shall include coordinating and preparing a report on each consultative engagement with regional ATAF Country correspondents and other delegates from TAs, validating the priorities and other programme needs in each region for approval by the Manager Regional Co-ordination, elaborating the programmes based on the findings for implementation by the ATAF Secretariat and implementing the regional Work Programme
Required profile for job ad : Regional Development Capacity Co-ordinator
The Individual expert is expected to have among others the following qualifications and key competencies:
- Master’s degree in any or combination of the following fields: Political Science and Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, International Relations, Taxation, or any equivalent educational background from recognized accredited universities.
- At least Five (5) years relevant experience working with tax policy and /or tax administration in Africa.
- Knowledge of the context of tax landscape in Africa under which ATAF derives its mandate will be an added advantage.
- Strong managerial leadership skills are essential including excellent organizational and analytical capabilities, setting priorities, taking initiatives and completing work plan deadlines.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in one of the following languages English or French or Portuguese or Arabic. Knowledge of any one or all of the other ATAF working languages of Portuguese, English and/or French would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently with accuracy and attention to detail under minimal supervision;
- Ability to network at both high political levels and across stakeholders in the region to secure ATAF partnerships and brand viii. Sound judgment, integrity, tact and discretion in dealing with others and when dealing with sensitive issues; Ability to work harmoniously, cooperatively and effectively in a team; Good understanding of national governments economic development processes and experience of working with governmental development programmes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different educational, national, linguistic and cultural background.
Job criteria for job ad : Regional Development Capacity Co-ordinator
|Job category :||R&D, project managementServices|
|Industries :||Services other|
|Employment type :||Fixed-term contract|
|City :||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Experience level :||5 to 10 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Spoken language :||English›FluentFrench›FluentPortuguese›Fluent|
|Key Skills :||SUPPORT|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Be cautious! Do not send money to a potential employer. Do not pay any money for a potential contract of employment or for pre-employment training.
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".