Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Technician - Mechanical Production
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Inspection and Testing:
- Perform visual inspections, dimensional measurements, and functional tests on mechanical components, assemblies, and finished products.
- Utilize a variety of measuring instruments and equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, and specialized testing devices, to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Follow standardized procedures and work instructions to conduct inspections and tests accurately and consistently.
- Ensure compliance with quality control standards and specifications defined by internal policies, industry regulations, and customer requirements.
- Review product documentation, including engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions, to verify that manufacturing processes are being followed correctly.
- Identify and document non-conformities, defects, and deviations from specifications, and initiate corrective actions as required.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of inspection results, test data, and quality-related information.
- Collaborate with production teams and Design and Development engineers to identify the root causes of quality issues and recommend process improvements.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product quality, reduce defects, and increase overall efficiency.
- Provide feedback on inspection procedures, test methods, and quality control processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Communicate inspection findings and quality-related issues to relevant stakeholders, including production supervisors, engineers, and management, and report daily reports.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve quality-related problems and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with suppliers and customers, when necessary, to address quality concerns, conduct audits, and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Ensure the proper functioning and calibration of inspection equipment and testing devices.
- Perform regular maintenance and calibration activities as per established schedules.
- Identify equipment issues or malfunctions and report them to the appropriate personnel for repairs or replacements.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Inspect, in-process and finished products.
- To stop the machine due to quality-related issues
- Quarantine nonconforming products in production
- Conduct a root cause analysis and identify and implement corrective action.
- Reject nonconforming products and raw materials.
- Collaboration and Communication with other stakeholders to address quality-related issues.
- Training and Development for the quality and production teams and other stakeholders
- Losses due to quality
- Process losses
- Rejection rate:
- Production downtime
- Training and development
- Continuous improvement
- Risk management
- First Pass Yield (FPY)
- Customer complaints:
- Technical certifications in mechanical engineering or a related field are preferred.
- Previous experience in quality control, preferably in a mechanical production environment, is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of mechanical manufacturing processes, quality control techniques, and inspection methods. Familiarity with industry standards and specifications.
- Proficiency in using various measuring instruments and testing devices
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot defects and deviations from standards.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Effective communication skills to convey information and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Good organizational skills to manage and maintain accurate records and documentation.