Public Information & Reporting Analyst
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Public Information & Reporting Analyst
We are looking for a Public Information & Reporting Analyst.
The Public Information and Reporting Officer will be responsible for the preparation of reports and public information products as follows:
- Prepares/contributes to the preparation of written reports, briefings, talking points, funding appeals, background papers, presentations and other documents. In collaboration with the humanitarian country team, supports humanitarian advocacy at the national level, and contributes to global advocacy campaigns.
- Supports humanitarian communication activities facilitating participation of national NGOs and other relevant national stakeholders
- Supports the planning and organization of activities to promote media coverage (e.g. press conferences, press releases, interviews, media seminars and other special activities) of priority issues and/or major events, to include pro-active media outreach efforts, disseminating materials relevant for the press, drafts responses to media inquiries and other information requests, undertaking appropriate follow-up action incl. analyzing and reporting on the impact of coverage.
- Liaises with media, particularly national and local media outlets, and communities, esp. women’s groups, to build and maintain a strong network with local journalists, relevant social media influencers, community members. Monitors local traditional and digital media, and community activities for content relevant to the humanitarian situation in South Sudan
- Supports/plans and conducts travel to field locations to organize outreach activities and/or create public information products the humanitarian situation and impact on people, including collecting and writing stories and audio-visual material depicting affected communities. Ensures their dissemination amongst, as appropriate, media, national and other relevant stakeholders
- Contributes to strategic social media content and social media plan. Identifies stories/activities to highlight through social media producing content for local, regional and global OCHA social media channels. Tracks and analyses social media trends suggesting ways to improve digital engagement and followers
- Produces and adapts multimedia content – photos, videos, animations
- Supports the implementation of South Sudan's overall communications strategy to engage key audiences around priority issues and/or major events
- Coordinates the inputs and/or articles from partners for publications that OCHA issue in relation to humanitarian work
- Compiles and processes data/information from a wide variety of sources and prepare a range of reports and humanitarian briefings for public dissemination
- Prepares, on the basis of official UN documentation and other sources, initial drafts of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books
- Updates and maintains contact information and mailing lists
- Provides detailed and accurate minutes of coordination meetings as required
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
Required profile for job ad : Public Information & Reporting Analyst
- Ability to plan, execute and monitor public communication campaigns, e.g. campaign management, market research, message targeting, impact evaluation.
- Sound knowledge of Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) software, or similar packages.
- Proven report writing skills. Ability to research and analyze issues and topics related to current events. Ability to draft and compile a variety of written communication products in a clear, concise style.
- Ability to interact with the public to build and maintain effective business connections.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience
- Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs;
- Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas;
- Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”;
- Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things;
- Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Achieve Results:-LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively:-LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously:-LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility :-LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination:-LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner:-LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion:- LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Information Management & Technology -Solutions Architecture-Ability to design and manage the Information system architecture supporting corporate business processes. Design integration strategies and approaches to integrate of one or more applications or services to maintain a coherent and effective IT architecture. Knowledge of ISO 20000 and IT operations. The Open Group TOGAF9 or Open CA, ITIL Master certification, or DevOps or similar certification desirable.
- Information Management & Technology -Data Management & Analytics-Knowledge in data management, data sciences, ability to structure data, develop dashboard and visualization. Design data warehouses, data lakes or data platforms concepts. Familiarity with Machine leaning natural language processing or generation and the use of artificial intelligence to support predictive analytics. CDMP or TOGAF9 or equivalent certification desirable.
- Information Management & Technology - IT Continuity and Disaster Recovery-Ability to advise on IT continuity and disaster recovery. Knowledge of ISO 22301 an asset.
- Information Management & Technology -IT Customer Support-Ability to support l customers on IT related issues and generate and contribute to continuous improvement processes to deliver a great user experience. Knowledge of ISO 9001 desirable. ITIL certification or similar is desirable.
- Information Management & Technology- Network, Communication, and Infrastructure Management- Ability to develop/integrate/operate/manage IT network, communications, Cloud or on-premises infrastructure, and new technologies like IoT. Cisco CCIE CCNP or similar is desirable.
- Business Management -Customer Satisfaction/Client Management- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Job criteria for job ad : Public Information & Reporting Analyst
|Job category :||Sales|
|Industries :||Government services|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Key Skills :||RECOVERYCUSTOMER SERVICEMAILINGSALES|
|Number of Position(s) :||2|