Property and Environmental Taxes Expert
|Industries :||Services other|
|Job ads :||See our Job Ads|
Company descriptionATAF strives to build efficient and effective tax administrations in Africa to become the leader on African tax matters, enhance economic... read more
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Property and Environmental Taxes Expert
The African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) has received financing from the African Development Fund toward the cost of the Regional Institutional Support Project for Public Financial Governance – Phase II (RISPFG) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this Grant to payments under the contract for a Short-term Sector Expert – Property Taxes and Environmental Taxes.
The services included under this project are conducting original research on environmental and property taxation and coordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of the project within stipulated timelines.
The main objectives of engaging a Short-Term Expert/Consultant are:
- To develop and implement a clear workplan with defined deadlines that will be followed in delivering the project.
- To conduct actual original research on environmental and property taxation, which include:
- To analyse, document, and evaluate the general principles of environmental and property taxation.
- To assess the good practises for benchmarking and the gaps that can be filled in the area of environmental and property taxation.
- To establish the suitability of environmental and property taxation in Africa with the exclusive aim of providing Africa-specific policy recommendations.
- To conduct sufficient and relevant literature review on environmental and property taxation.
- To develop and administer appropriate research data collection instruments.
- To develop policy briefs with implementable recommendations on environmental and property taxation.
- To produce a PowerPoint presentation to be shared with ATAF member states on the work done.
- To report on the progress of the project at agreed time intervals.
Required profile for job ad : Property and Environmental Taxes Expert
The Individual expert is expected to have among others the following qualifications and key competencies:
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree in one of the following: Taxation, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Fiscal Studies, Tax Law and Public Administration or equivalent from recognized accredited universities.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of working experience in tax administration/tax policy/ministry of finance or similar functions.
- He/she should have at least 3-years professional research in the field of tax administration or tax policy around the African continent.
- Publication experience in peer-reviewed journals (at least 3 publications in the fields of tax administration/ tax policy or related field should be submitted as reference).
- Ability to speak in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Ability to conduct original research.
- Ability to handle huge volumes of data.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of contemporary research methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical analysis packages such R, Python, EViews, Stata and SPSS.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, other departments, membership, and the public.
- High level of integrity and accountability in all aspects of work.
- Ability to speak and write reports in English.
Job criteria for job ad : Property and Environmental Taxes Expert
|Job category :||Accounting, controlling, financeR&D, project managementServices|
|Industries :||Services other|
|Employment type :||Fixed-term contract|
|City :||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Spoken language :||English›Fluent|
|Key Skills :||TAXATIONFINANCEACCOUNTINGSTATACONTROLLINGTAX LAWSUPPORT|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Be cautious! Do not send money to a potential employer. Do not pay any money for a potential contract of employment or for pre-employment training.
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".