Procurement Manager at The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa)
Dar es Salam,
- Requisition ID 2023-1978
- Category (Portal Searching) Logistics/Procurement
- Posting Location : Location TZ--Kasulu
- Grade Level Grade 8, National
- Division Church World Service Africa
Procurement Manager at Church World Service August, 2023
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position reports directly to the Administration Coordinator and oversees the Procurement Unit. This position directly supervises the Procurement Supervisor and indirectly supervises the Procurement Specialists and Procurement Officers ensuring they have the support and resources they need to effectively carry out their duties. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of procurement unit which include compliance with the policies, strategic planning, budget preparation, procurement planning, coordination and managing of procurement functions, vendor management, preparing procurement reports and supports the sub-offices of CWS Africa.
This position directly supervises the Procurement Supervisors and indirectly supervises the Procurement Specialists and Procurement Officers
- Provides direct supervision, training, monitoring and feedback to the Procurement Unit.
- Ensures the Procurement Unit SOPs are regularly updated and stored and training sessions on the same arranged.
- Ensures Procurement Unit’s compliance with Fileserver organization and group email protocols.
- Discovers profitable suppliers and initiates procurement partnerships that will benefit the organization.
- Negotiates with external vendors to secure advantageous terms for the organization
- Offers regional support to the country offices at all times
- Provides originality, initiative and good judgment in applying RSC policies to new and unusual problems.
- Manages all procurement records ensuring their storage and update for audit purposes.
- Manages timelines around Request for Proposals (RFP) to ensure professional and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Actively involved in vendor management ensuring regular evaluations on the vendors is carried out and updating on the vendor list.
- Supports the annual budgeting process by overseeing the costing out of items proposed in the budget.
- Manages the element of procurement within the organizational budget.
- Oversees the monthly projections of expected purchases.
- Ensures monitoring of expenditure that relates to procurement.
- Oversees all procurement activities and responsible for managing, coordinating and monitoring the supply chain function to ensure strict compliance with RSC SOPs, Cooperative Agreement and CFR 200.
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination, monitoring and adherence of Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) for procurement unit.
- Conducts job function observations of procurement staff to ensure compliance is met and identify any areas of improvement or training needs.
- Manages the co-ordination of procurement prequalification process of suppliers, ensuring vendor clearance/checks through System for Award Management (SAM check) for all vendors, KRA PIN checks for local vendors and all vendor forms are all in place.
- Oversees in conjunction with the Property Unit, the reorder level of all stores supplies and ensures there are no stock outs.
- Ensures and manages all procurement contracts and monitors that they are updated/renewed accordingly and is the custodian of all procurement contracts.
- Conducts regular market surveys to determine the best price for quality goods and services.
- Manages and monitors workload within the unit, prioritizes work assignment accordingly.
- Prepares and reviews unit reports to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Reviews invoices and all attached documents for payment to ensure accurate and timely payment to vendors by Accounts unit.
- Acts as point person for staff inquiries relating to all things procurement.
- Develops, facilitates, implements, monitors and reviews strategic plans and annual plans for procurement Unit.
- Monitors the purchasing data in Sage ERP system.
- Ensures preparation, submission and monitors VAT Exemptions in the IPMIS system.
- Manages and reviews Pro 1Bs and other documents for international purchases to ensure accuracy in the IPMIS system.
- Builds and maintains positive and effective relationships with Staff, Contractors and Vendors in a professional manner.
- Acts as the point of contact via the RSC Africa Procurement mailbox and ensures that communication is professional, timely and proactive.
- Manages and monitors the Procurement mailbox and ensures emails are filed in their respective folders.
- Updates the purchasing procedures to ensure best practices and standards in all procurement processes.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to Procurement Staff, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
- Manages the development and implementation of training modules for new procurement staff.
- Provides regular feedback to procurement staff and manages facilitation of training, coaching and mentoring.
- Manages and ensures establishment of performance expectations and on-boarding for procurement staff.
- Manages and monitors procurement staff time and attendance.
- Monitors and ensures a safe, healthy and professional work environment for the procurement unit.
- Actively supports staff by promoting safe space, open-door policy and the escalation policy. Ensures and manages working resources availed to staff in the procurement unit.
- Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Seven (7) years of paid work experience in Procurement is required.
- Five (5) years of work experience in an organization that adheres to US Government CFR 200 required.
- Two (2) years of work experience with 2 CFR 200
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels
- exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management is preferred. Working knowledge of Sage ERP System
- Working knowledge of the 2 CFR 200
- COVID Vaccination is required for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Driver’s License Type (XX) required
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Any other special requirements.
Recommended:CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
CWS recruitment is free of charge. Church World Service (CWS) does not charge fees of any kind during the recruitment process (Submission of application, interviews, assessments, trainings, etc.). Any solicitation of funds should be reported to Fraud@CWSAfrica.org.
CWS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Closing Date 8/27/2023