Process Plant Operator-Filtration at Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Dar es salaam,
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Process Plant Operator-Filtration to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabigena (open pit).
- Monitoring and overseeing plant operations.
- Assisting with startup, shutdown, and operations of facility equipment.
- Identifying problems that arise and resolving them.
- Ensuring that safety and environmental rules and programs are strictly adhered to.
- Conceptualizing and recommending plant improvement strategies.
- Carrying out site inspections and audits.
- Performing preventative and maintenance measures.
- Observing gauges, dials, switches, and alarms, and other indicators to ensure that all machines are working properly.
- Maintaining a clean, hazard-free work environment.
- Responsible for monitoring of flows and feed processes/water quality into the plant circuit
- Ensure all personnel on plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues to FLL and section leaders.
- Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and deviations are reported immediately.
- Maintain day to day operations necessary to meet quality effluent water for discharge
- Proactively identifying and acting on plant performance deviation.
- Monitor plant performance and ensure that log sheets are completed.
- Performing a variety of routine and special chemical, physical, bacteriological, and related tests on
- Water system samples.
- Collecting periodic, representative grab and composite samples of influent, processing products and final effluent.
- Aiding other plant personnel regarding basic laboratory procedures; equipment maintenance and lab supplies.
- Maintenance of equipment and supplies and disposal of outdated chemicals.
- Interpreting laboratory analyses, making recommendations, maintaining logs and records, and preparing data for reports.
- Developing new test procedures and conducting special analytical studies relating to process control, or
- other applicable matters.
- Maintaining computerized monitoring, laboratory analysis, quality assurance, and operation records.
- Entering data on a computer; evaluating and managing data from such programs which are related to laboratory operations.
- Maintain laboratory inventory of chemicals, analytical equipment, and data sheets
- Diploma in Water resources/Chemical Engineering/Mineral Processing or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Hold a valid Tanzanian driver’s license.
Experience and Competencies needed
- 2-3 years’ experience in Paste Plant and filtration Plant operation will be added advantages
- 2-3 Years in Process plant operation experience will be added advantage
- 2–3 years’ experience in mining industries will be added advantages
- 2-3 Years’ experience in Water process operation industry and/or mineral processing
- 1-3 years’ experience in Water treatment plant facility will be added advantage
- 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Experience with computer application