USAID Local Partner Health Services Kigezi & Lango
Position Title: PREVENTION ASSISTANT 2 POSITIONS (based in Lango)
USAID’s Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi & Lango is a five-year Activity implemented by Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC). The activity is aimed at supporting the continuation of technical assistance for the implementation of a district-based, integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS and TB services to the beneficiary population in the Nine districts in Lango sub-region including Lira, Oyam, Kole, Apac, Kwania, Alebtong, Otuke, Amolatar and Dokolo. The main goal of the activity is to increase the availability, accessibility and utilization of quality, integrated HIV and TB services.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The HIV prevention Assistant will provide technical assistance to HF staff and DHTs to ensure timely attainment and sustenance of quality HIV/AIDS prevention including Voluntary Male Medical circumcision (VMMC)core roles, Support for HTS and other prevention activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, monitor, implement and report on key activities related to VMMC scale up in the supported districts.
• Mentor HCWs in relation to HIV /AIDS prevention services in supported districts with more focus on VMMC in keeping with the revised HIV guidelines
• Provide on call/distance TA support for handling of complicated/adverse events following circumcision.
• Support Quality Assurance of VMMC services in the supported districts/ facilities and recommend corrective action.
• Work with other officers to ensure integration of all services in VMMC activities.
• Provide technical assistance in planning related to VMMC activities in supported districts.
Other prevention Activities
• Mentor Healthcare workers on Prevention of comprehensive services for key and priority populations.
• Supervise HIV testing services in the district of support.
• Work with other district teams to monitor all services provision to clients in care.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, SWASA, Development Studies, Community and Adult Education, Community Psychology, Guidance and counseling, Public health or BSc. Nursing or Medicine
• Evidence of having attended specialized training in Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision.
• Evidence of having attended specialized training in HIV/AIDS.
• At least 2 years’ experience in providing technical assistance and mentorship of HCWs in HIV/AIDS prevention within MoH structures and systems including Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS management and prevention more including VMMC.
• Good working knowledge of Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision as an HIV/AIDS prevention program, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of VMMC programs.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Riding skills with a valid riding license is a strong added advantage
• Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required.
How to apply:
All applications must be addressed to; The Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: email@example.com
The application deadline is Friday, 1st September 2023 at 05:00 pm. Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.