Officer – Intelligence Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience1 year
- Job FieldLaw / Legal
This role is responsible for collection of tax intelligence from various sources and converting it into intelligence profiles/ briefs/ summaries for the purpose of dissemination
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Undertake collection of both Customs & Domestic Tax intelligence
- Identify risk areas for intelligence collection
- Undertake analysis of intelligence collected from various sources to generate intelligence profiles, briefs, summaries and other reports
- Recruitment and management of intelligence sources and agents
- Undertake market surveillance on illicit trade and border anti-smuggling operations
- Handle informers as per the informer management guidelines pursuant to Section 5A of the KRA Act, CAP 469.
- Undertake liaison with relevant stakeholders for the purpose of intelligence exchange
- Undertake tax crime threat analysis
- Undertake operational reporting.
- Implement Individual work plans and strategies as assigned.
- Implement work plans for corporate initiatives relating to the Unit including: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
Responsibility for Physical Assets
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Operational decisions for effective tax intelligence management
- Office & Field setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Security Studies, Law, Finance or other Business related course
- Possession of relevant professional qualiﬁcation(s)
- Basic intelligence management training is an added advantage
- Training in Tax and Customs Administration is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required
- At least one (1) years’ work experience in the areas of intelligence management, business, taxation and risk management is an added advantage.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Demonstrated Knowledge in intelligence collection & analysis.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Possess good organization, planning and analytical skills.
- Focused and result oriented individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity