Nursing Officer (5 Positions) at Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
- Implement the Nursing Act, Cap 257 of Revised Edition 2012 . Provide holistic,
- preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative health care services using the nursing process
- to meet health needs of clients/patients at the Hospital. Collaborate with other members of the
- health care team in providing health care interventions. Carry out research in nursing health
- care. Maintain nursing records and confidentiality of information relating to patients/clients.
- Provide safe patient care in a conducive environment.
Nursing Officer Responsibilities include:
- Providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual;
- Performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings;
- Assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence-based nursing care for client/patient;
- Creating and maintaining a safe nursing environment for client/patient;
- Carrying out clinical audits to improve client/patient care;
- Collaborating and maintaining effective working relationship among interdisciplinary
- teams to support client/patients and their families;
- Documenting interventions and nursing outcomes;
- Conducting a community health risk assessment and providing outcome based interventions;
- Participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients personal and health conditions/care;
- Following up on convalescing patients referred from other facilities for continuity of care;
- Conducting assessment of hospital health needs, plan, implement interventions and preparing periodic reports;
- Conducting occupational health needs assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating,
- making recommendations and preparing periodic reports; and
- Conducting desk review, collecting data and implementing recommendations of the findings for improvement of nursing care.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or midwifery or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- 2023 Valid practising license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Must have worked for a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Target setting
- Planning and organizing the job
- High standards of professional ethics
- Administrative and supervisory skills
- Responsive, prompt and effective provision of services
- Effective communication skills
- Influencing persuasion and negotiation
- Team player