Network Infrastructure Engineer at Beem Africa
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Beem is a Pan-African tech startup based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania but with a presence across more than 20 African markets. Our unique service provides enterprises the ability to reach customers across Africa using sms, ussd, airtime and other services. Our company has been named a Forbes Africa top 20 technology startup and has also been featured on Al-Jazeera, BBC Africa and ChoiceFM. Read more about our story at www.beem.africa/about.
Culture, Career Growth and Development / Life At Beem
At Beem, our most valuable resource is our people. We’re serious about our work, but embrace fun and flexibility to get the job done. We believe that employee satisfaction starts with creating a supportive and inclusive environment where employees feel welcome no matter their personal or professional backgrounds.We’ve developed a unique culture of constant learning and are investing in developing our people. Through regular feedback on your performance and monthly reviews, you get an opportunity to discuss your challenges, aspirations, career goals and continuously keep growing in a fast-paced organization thus building a rewarding long-term career.
As a Network & Infrastructure Engineer, you are genuinely committed to ensure uptime and reliability of our applications, networks and infrastructure. Using your problem-solving and analytical skills, you are expected to troubleshoot, escalate where need be, resolve and close out issues. You’ll also do the same to resolve client’s technical issues promptly with great empathy to ensure their needs are met and customers are satisfied.
You should have an urge to solve problems, prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment and communicate effectively across teams internally and with customers at all levels. You will specifically be responsible for all inbound/outbound technical issues pertaining to SMS and other platforms.
- Transform upset customers with technical issues into happy ones, through a magic mix of empathy, honesty, and generosity, and escalating to others when you need help to make it happen.
- Provide exceptional support by listening, understanding the issue, and problem-solving with customers.
- Proactively monitor, platform, server and connector alerts, analyze and escalate when needed to ensure maximum uptime of systems.
- Monitor traffic flows, high failures rates & queuing to ensure uptime and reliability of traffic flows
- Work with internal teams to ensure backups, archival and maintenance activities are completed regularly.
- Work with internal teams to setup new VPN connections and integrations with mobile operator partners.
- Work with engineering team and application vendors to analyze and resolve issues as well as release new upgrades
- Handle inbound/outbound support issues via Zoho Desk, email, Skype and phone calls.
- Create, follow-up, update and close out help desk tickets
- Communicate internally across teams when need be to ensure client needs are met.
- Keep our FAQ, technical documentation and common issues knowledge base updated
- Flexible with working hours to ensure every customer gets an answer within given timeframes, along with assigned shits on on Sundays/Public holidays
- Training new Technical and Customer Support agents
- Assist customer service team on traffic reviews, testing and sender ID requests if needed.
This position is for you if you:
- Have a strong background and experience in networking, system administration or telecommunications
- Experience working with SMS, SMSC, SMPP gateways and other mobile operator systems and protocols a plus
- Have the ability to work successfully as a member of a team or individually with a high level of accuracy and urgency.
- Have a strong commitment to proactive customer service
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) and to establish credibility and good working relationships with customers of all levels, including the ability to handle difficult clients and partners.
- Can identify and analyze problems or issues and be creative/practical in the development of suitable solutions
- Are able to effectively and efficiently prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure work environment to ensure timeframes are met.
- Are patient, curious, detail oriented and eager to solve problems
- Possess the ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility in troubleshooting issues
- Possess a can-do attitude, ready to take challenges head on
- Are a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment and to change from one task to another with ease.
- Attractive remuneration
- Subsidized health insurance plan
- Learning & career development opportunities
- Snacks & drinks
- Company recreational and team building events