Network Engineer Level 2 at NTT Ltd
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
Working at NTT
NOTE: This is a CONTRACT role for an initial period of 8 months.
The role of Network Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of the organisation's computer network.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic problem determination and log the cases with Dimension Data Help Desk as the first point of contact.
- Collects relevant technical information.
- Attempt to resolve network and security related problem by following the guidance provided.
- Filter non-technical problems from technical problems with the help of Dimension Data
- Resolve known problems through product documentation or other local resources.
- Report unknown or technical problems on ticketing system at customer portal
- Resolve network related problems.
- Troubleshooting of reported problems that are within the scope around the Network and Security Infrastructure.
- Resolving configuration problems.
- Resolution of software problems (OEM back-to-back required for escalation)
- Determination of product specification defects
- Generating workarounds for hardware and software bugs where applicable
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers
- Knowledge of application and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Relevant certifications, e.g. Cisco, Fortinet, equivalent CCNP (Cisco), ITIL
- Experience in supporting critical network and security infrastructure which includes cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Cisco and Fortinet firewalls.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Eigrp and IS-IS
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to NTT Ltd on careers.services.global.ntt to apply