National Sales Manager (NSM) at DKT International Tanzania
National Sales Manager (NSM) at DKT International Tanzania August, 2023
Job Title: National Sales Manager (NSM) Based in: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About DKT International
Since 1989, DKT International has been promoting family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention through social marketing in the developing world. DKT has programs in 50+ countries and, in 2021, provided and sold over 901 million condoms, 111 million cycles of oral contraceptives, 20 million Emergency Contraceptive Pills, 26 million injectable contraceptives, and 4.8 million IUDs. DKT International is one of the largest private providers of contraceptive products and services in the developing world. DKT is an innovative and adventurous social enterprise constantly seeking new ways to meet consumer and healthcare provider needs for family planning and reproductive health products and services
Since DKT International started operations in Tanzania in 2014, it has grown to be one of the leading private providers of contraceptive and reproductive health products across the region through its brands of condoms (Kiss, Bull, Fiesta), Trust Contraceptives, and Kare reproductive health products among others.
The National Sales Manager will ensure a well-organized and widespread presence in the market that delivers results in line with DKT’s annual sales targets, revenue targets and overall business plan. Lead and manage DKT’s salesforce, including interfacing and managing distributors and customers at a senior level.
1. Achieve company’s sales goals through effective development and management of
sales and distribution activities:
• Grow sales volumes, revenues and profitability year on year.
• Develop and achieve annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets in line with company plans;
prepare management reports and strategic plans.
• Assign sales targets effectively among medical sales representatives to ensure achievement of overall targets.
• Assess, develop, and implement effective pricing strategies.
• Closely monitor sales performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to quickly identify slow sales areas and make corrections.
• Keep up to date on market changes and competition to ensure growth of market share.
• Conduct in-depth sales analysis to identify trends and make course corrections quickly.
2. Improve and Expand Distribution and Coverage:
• Create strategies and targets for increasing coverage and market penetration of core products across all relevant channels.
• Assess, identify, effectively manage distribution partners to achieve company goals;
develop effective commercial terms.
• Develop coverage plans and expansion plans to be implemented with distribution partners and supported by company medical representatives.
• Provide overall and hands-on management of distribution partners, ensuring effective partnerships and expanded distribution of company product portfolio nationwide.
• Develop and implement sales schemes and sales promotions in order to increase volumes and penetration.
3. Salesforce Management:
• Lead, motivate, and effectively manage medical and sales representatives through supervision, reporting mechanisms, KPIs, and ongoing mentoring.
• Design and implement rigorous reporting and monitoring systems to ensure full compliance of the salesforce and timely reporting of sales achievements
• Design and implement a highly effective sales incentive program and KPIs to drive performance.
• Hire quality people, keep approved sales positions filled, and fill vacant positions efficiently.
• Develop monthly and quarterly presentations of the overall achievement of the entire sales workforce with plans on how to improve performance as needed.
• Review performance of the team and liaise with HR function on any performance related issues
for further action
• Provide guidance and motivation to sales force to implement point of sale merchandising and effective use of marketing materials and strategies.
• Coordinate effectively with cross functional teams to ensure marketing and sales activities are aligned and as beneficial as possible.
• Collaborate with Tanzania and regional leadership to contribute to development of strategic plans to grow the business and build the organization.
• Other duties and tasks as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in management, business or administration from an accredited institution; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 10 years of sales experience with at least 5 years’ experience in a Senior
Managerial/Supervisory role (preferably with a pharmaceutical background).
• Demonstrated success managing distribution partners.
• Demonstrated success managing salesforce teams, medical representatives and national sales operations.
• Strong command of salesforce administration, including reporting requirements, supervision techniques, KPIs, and performance monitoring.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
Key Qualities and Characteristics:
• Strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking
• Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• High levels of integrity
• A natural leader; proactive and self-driven with a positive attitude
• Ability to multitask and prioritize demands
• Ability to analyze complex sales data and present clear and simple presentations to senior management
• Superb customer relationship management and negotiation capabilities
• Must be team oriented and results focused
• Ability to strategize and develop account/territory plans to drive sales