Leadership Training Consultancy at TechnoServe Kenya
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Consultancy
SCOPE OF WORK FOR STAFF LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
- Program: Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing.
- Reports to: Regional Training and Gender Advisor
- Position location & travel potential: Open
- TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With more than five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- TechnoServe is implementing the USAID-funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food
- Processing (AINFP) regional program in collaboration with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS). The program leverages the power of the private sector to create better nutritional outcomes for base-of-the-pyramid consumers and more profitable market opportunities for local farmers. This is achieved by supporting local food processing businesses in Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, and Zambia through remote technical assistance and training from world-leading food processing businesses under PFS to increase the availability of safe, affordable, and nutritious food.
- AINFP seeks a consultant to support its team in a three-month leadership training program.
- This consultancy aims to deliver leadership training for its management team. The leadership training will focus on, among others, self-leadership, time management, leadership mindsets, change management, delegation, feedback, managing performance, collaboration, planning, prioritizing, and leading with empathy. The program approach will be blended to include all target staff who live and work in different geographic locations and engage leaders in application-oriented learning experiences. It will have both online participants and live in-person sessions, which may include synchronized and asynchronized learning.
The consultant is expected to collaborate closely with the Regional Training and Gender Advisor to:
- Conduct a Leadership gap assessment for sixteen (16) team members
- Customize leadership training content and training materials
- Deliver a blended leadership training program for between 6 - 8 sessions.
- End of the program report
Qualifications and Expectations
- Experience in leadership development and training with l solid virtual facilitation.
- Robust adult learning techniques and familiarity with graphic design.
- Have at least seven years of professional, relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Kiswahili; strong ability to work in cross-cultural situations and communicate effectively with speakers of other languages.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Qualified applicants should share their Technical Proposal (including an understanding of the scope of work, essential deliverables/milestones, a timeline, past performance, and CVs of key personnel); three references from similar assignments; and a financial proposal with the estimated number of days per deliverable and a daily rate quoted in Kenya shilling. The financial proposal excludes logistical costs for the training (including flights, venues, material printing costs, etc.) and other administrative expenses.
- Leadership Gap Assessment and Leadership Content Development (7 days)
- Design and administer training needs assessment to a sample of participants
- Customise leadership training content to AINFP's strategic priorities, values, and leadership competencies.
- Develop a pre and post-training assessment with the support of the Regional Training and Gender Advisor.
Training Delivery (7 days)
- Deliver a one-day in-person workshop and 4 to 6 virtual sessions
- One day of pre-training preparation for the in-person training.
- One day to document critical learnings and best practices for iteration in the subsequent virtual sessions.
- Two days for the final detailed report.
Please submit your proposal for this consultancy to buy+KE+P0022825@tns.org by August 31, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to TechnoServe Kenya on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply