La-riba Cluster Manager at Absa Bank Limited
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Eldoret
- Job Field: Banking
- To drive Islamic Banking in Region/Cluster by delivering high-quality support to Business, by providing specialized expertise in product development, Shariah compliance, sales strategies and drive ecosystem relationship across the business. Pro-actively manage the penetration of the Islamic banking proposition for ABSA bank as a market leader with a strong customer base in Region/Cluster.
- The role holder is expected to work with Business head/Unit and implement the overall Islamic Banking business strategy for the region. Act as the main point of contact for all Islamic Banking support in the region and work with all stakeholders to deliver Business growth and market share of Islamic Banking in the region
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Strategy and Leadership; Time split: 60%
- Build and develop high performing team through driving high sustainable performance offering the unique solutions for the proposition in the Cluster/Region
- Develop winning strategies that will help the bank penetrate the market faster and remain competitive in Region/Cluster assigned.
- Delivering excellence in sales and developing new leads from outside the Bank
- Conduct road shows endorsed by the Shariah Advisory Board to promote Islamic Banking products.
- Using the existing network to maximize sales to Bank customers and maintaining a leads database.
- Performing to plans as agreed, to drive profitability and increase market share.
- Review of customer base to identify and exploit opportunities through design and implementation of new La Riba products and services.
- Hosting customer forums to enhance awareness about Islamic products to ensure maximum benefits are achieved.
- Identifying issues and escalating appropriately.
- Training and development, coaching of staff to ensure broad awareness of Islamic banking products.
Service and Customer Relationship Management: Time split: 30%
- Arrange for Islamic Banking customer forums to obtain feedback on products and Services in the region/Cluster.
- Managing and leading customer and alliance partner relationships in the Cluster/Region
- Working in close cooperation with other Business Teams, to provide a world-class La Riba offering to customer groups.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders & service providers in assigned region.
- Research, create and follow up on a La Riba target list for potential new business.
Products Development-Time split: 10%
- Identify opportunities for new product development and enhancement in line with Emerging Markets Consumer strategy.
- Guide the development of all Islamic Banking products using the appropriate Islamic Finance instrument.
- Ensure balance sheet and income targets are met for the Islamic Banking proposition in the Cluster/Region in your responsibility.
- Contribute ideas for alternative product strategies to manage the mix of Asset and Liabilities.
- Monitor and provide feedback on Islamic banks’ product activity, strategy and pricing.
- Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)