JUG Maintenance Foreman at Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Dar es salaam,
Tarime, Mara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit UG Maintenance Foreman to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border. North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture
- Closely apply and follow-up all SAP Process to manage notifications, work orders preparation and closing, parts ordering, job history recording and ensure work order closed after work completion with updated report and attachments
- Fluent with Inventory and Materials Management concepts, such as inventory control and analysis, material lead times, cost analysis, usage analysis
- Develops and implements standard work procedures to continually improve overall team productivity
- Responsible for safe work practices
- Be able to make decisions based on knowledge and experience
- Commissioning duties for the Mechanical discipline
- Develop and maintain reporting procedures for maintenance, planning and cost reporting.
- Manage workshop facilities, ensuring excellent housekeeping and that tooling is secured, maintained and replaced as required.
- Support the UG Mobile Fleet Superintendent in budgeting and control of maintenance costs. Implement and monitor systems and take corrective action where necessary to ensure that consumable usage and costs remain favorable to budget.
- Support the UG Mobile Fleet Superintendent in development of a long-term maintenance plan, which includes all identified routine, non-routine and probable maintenance work, and capital required to ensure safe and effective performance of the Underground Maintenance on a yearly basis and for Life of Mine.
- Provide input into development of maintenance training packages.
- Provide ongoing training, mentoring and employee performance management, to develop and maintain a safe, competent and results orientated Underground Maintenance team, and to ensure that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential.
- Develop and implement Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures. Assist in training of these procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
- Take appropriate action (initiate disciplinary warnings) when substandard performance or behavior of employees is observed.
- Be proactive in all aspects of Underground Maintenance security to prevent and eliminate theft and fraud.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by superior.
Experience and Competencies needed
- At least five (5) years working experience in Underground Maintenance Operation
- A relevant trade qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees is essential.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems, e.g. SAP, is essential
- Reliable, trustworthy and be able to cope with pressure.
- Vast experience in maintenance of Sandvik underground equipment including Drills, Trucks and loaders.
- Experience in maintenance of underground auxiliary equipment including but not limited to CAT Integrated Tool Carriers, Normet Agi’s & Spraymec, Macleans EC3 units.
- Excellent knowledge of standards, methods and maintenance procedures of the job.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
- Ability to work for long hours.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Tanzanian driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicles.
What We Can Offer
- You A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Job Identification 225697
Job Category Maintenance
Posting Date 08/02/2023, 01:32 PM
Apply Before 08/16/2023, 01:32 PM
Degree Level Trade School
Job Schedule Full time
Locations Tarime, Tarime, P.O. Box 422, TZ
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
About the Team
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.