IT Coordinator at AKADEMIYA
AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa-based non-profit research organization with headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda and a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Inspired by the ambitions of Agenda 2063 and grounded in the recognition of the central importance of strong knowledge and evidence systems, the vision of AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa with the expertise we need for the Africa we want. This expertise must be responsive to the continent’s needs for data and analysis to ensure high-quality policy design and execution. Inclusive, evidence-informed policymaking is key to meeting the continent’s development aspirations, creating wealth, and changing livelihoods for the better. AKADEMIYA2063’s overall mission is to create, across Africa and led from its headquarters in Rwanda, state-of-the-art technical capacities to support the efforts by the Member States of the African Union to achieve the key goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063 of transforming national economies to boost growth and prosperity. Following from its vision and mission, the main goal of AKADEMIYA2063 is to help meet Africa’s needs at the continental, regional and national levels in terms of data, analytics, and mutual learning for the effective implementation of Agenda 2063 and the realization of its outcomes by a critical mass of countries. AKADEMIYA2063 strives to meet its goals through programs organized under five strategic areas—policy innovation, knowledge systems, capacity creation and deployment, operational support and data management, digital products, and technology—as well as partnerships and outreach activities.
For more information, visit www.akademiya2063.org.
Position Title: IT Coordinator
Department: Data Management, Digital Products and Technology
Location: Kigali – Rwanda
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
AKADEMIYA2063 is seeking a skilled IT Coordinator who will take on the responsibility of maintaining our information technology systems and networks. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the seamless functionality and efficiency of our computer and telecom systems. This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda, and interested applicants must already have the appropriate authorization to work in Rwanda.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Dakar-based IT Specialist, essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide user-level technical support for hardware, software, and network-related issues.
- Provide user-level training on IT tools, software, and best practices.
- Set up remote meetings using platforms like Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Assist with end-user system updates and monitoring, including patch management, spyware removal, virus checking, data backup.
- Monitor and ensure proper functioning and maintenance of IT infrastructure, including servers, network devices, laptops, printers, copiers, and other equipment.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of IT systems, networks, and processes.
- Create and maintain a technical knowledge base for common user issues.
- Participate in the implementation and setup of new equipment, systems, and technologies.
- Provide insights on suitable IT solutions for the office.
- Monitor system and network performance.
- Work closely with the IT Specialist to develop and implement IT maintenance protocols.
- Maintain licenses, upgrade schedules, and the IT inventory database.
- Collaborate with other departments to implement IT-related initiatives.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role, with at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience in network management and help desk support.
- Solid understanding of IT systems, networks, and infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of network protocols, security measures, and data backup/recovery.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Technical experience with various operating systems, including Windows and macOS.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new skills on the job.
Submission of Applications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application, CV, and cover letter, in English, by August 31st, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the available position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole to this document.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- By sending an application, candidates give consent for their personal data to be processed solely for applicable recruitment procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted