IT Assistant at Rafode Limited
Reports To: IT Manager
Locations: Kisumu and Kakuma
The role holder is responsible for providing effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide support to the IT Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES/TASKS:
- Assisting with network and security Management.
- Assisting with data storage.
- Assisting with system development.
- Providing user level technical support for end user, computer and printers.
- Providing user level training on daily application used, including but not limited to MS word, MS EXEL, MS OUTLOOK, Adobe acrobat and other basic computer related skills.
- Assisting with end user system updates and monitoring including spy ware removal, virus checking, ensuring back up of data files.
- Assisting with user management.
- Monitoring printers, copiers to make sure they are working properly.
- Providing high degree of professionalism and end user satisfaction and work well with others.
- Maintenance of computer peripherals, troubleshooting and offering support to staff.
- Network administering and making sure the server is working properly.
- Registration and updating clients’ information and payments in the system.
- Troubleshooting network problems, printer-sharing problems and other issues that may arise to the computers in the network
JOB COMPETENCIES(Knowledge, Experience and Attributes/Skill)
Diploma in IT or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Two (2) years relevant experience preferably in a financial institution.
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of various networking
- Previous experience with computer and printer maintenance
- Creative and critical thinking
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good trouble shooting skills using logic and common sense
- Computer skills