RwandAir Ltd is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe, and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor
Department: Internal Auditor
Duty Station: Kigali International Airport (KIA)
The role of an Internal Auditor is to adopt systematic and disciplined audit approaches to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control, and governance processes and Performs financial, operational, system, and process audits of the organization’s functions and outsourced operations and reports on the adequacy, or otherwise, of the internal controls as a contribution to the proper economic, efficient and effective use of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Provide assistance to senior auditors as assigned by the chief in effectively performing daily operations to enable the effective execution of various reviews, including audit tasks.
- Under the supervision of a senior internal auditor, provide relevant information for reviews such as a draft report for findings and recommendations.
- Undertake a review of systems of internal controls maintained by RwandAir to safeguard financial and physical assets and make recommendations to correct any weaknesses.
- Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls.
- Help in coordinating assignments with the senior auditor.
- Maintain clear work papers and audit trail of the work done in the appropriate tool.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Review RwandAir practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of RwandAir records and record keeping.
- Follow up on the implementation of external audit recommendations.
- Execute any other duties that the supervisor or/and management may assign.
Desired Profile: Required education, Experience, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, and Management.
- Plus, one or more of the following professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, ACCA) or currently pursuing one of the above-mentioned professional courses.
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as Sun, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, SAGE, Pastel, QuickBooks, etc.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Auditor from robust institutions
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
- S/he must have a proven capacity to analyze risk and come up with recommendations that require tough remedial actions.
- Ability to implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviors, and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, database, spreadsheets, accounting packages, the internet, and the workflow process
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treat individuals with fairness and respect, and demonstrate sensitivity to ethnic, cultural, and gender differences
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to develop proposals, concept papers, and position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
- A good understanding of Risk management and audit processes.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to apply international audit standards through practical application.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Notarized copies of academic papers;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting your applications is on July 31, 2023. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org