Information and Communication Technology Officer - National Position
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is currently active in the sectors of WASH, livelihood and environment for improving the lives of both the refugee population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water and sanitation. Livelihood and environment components complement this approach. In the capital Kampala Malteser International’s focus lies on the Health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system, an improved care for physiotherapy patients and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled children.
For its work in Kampala, Uganda, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Information and Communication Technology Officer – National Position.
As the Information and Communication Technology Officer, you will oversee and support the Information Communication Technology aspects of the program and oversee the visibility/communication needs of Malteser International, Uganda Program.
- Implement internal and external strategies for MI Uganda communications and outreach
- Create interactive content for MI Uganda’s social media pages, website, and mainstream media channels under the guidance of the HQ Communications department and the Country Coordinator
- Support internal and donor reporting
- Support with MEAL database management and information systems for projects and support the integration of ICT in MEAL processes
- Ensure the functioning of all hardware (laptops, scanners, copiers, servers, desktop computers) in accordance with Malteser international IT guidelines
- Be responsible for compliance and maintenance of Malteser International ICT standards, policies, and procedures to ensure adherence to ICT standards, policies, and procedures
- Provide technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization, and maintenance of ICT hardware and software to the organization
- University degree in Information, and Communication Technology studies or related field
- Relevant Industry Certifications such as Microsoft (Azure, Windows Server & Workstation), Cisco (Cisco Certified Network Associate+), ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CompTIA (The Computing Technology Industry Association); Software Development and others can be added advantage
- 2- 3 years of relevant post-qualification professional experience in an IT and communications position preferably in the NGO sector
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems (e.g. Windows 10, etc.) and Microsoft Office 365 applications, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, One Drive, and SharePoint
- Hardware knowledge including PCs, laptops, network routers, and printers is an added advantage
- Experience in photography, videography, video editing, and design for social media
- Working knowledge of ICT in MEAL is an added advantage
What we offer:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duty Station: Kampala
- Duration of contract: 1 year, with possible extension subject to donor funding
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package,13th pay cheque
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Malteser International is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Malteser International conducts reference and background checks for all staff (including criminal records check for specific roles). Any candidate offered a job with Malteser International will be expected to sign MI’s Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these document
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please have a look here.