Human Resources Manager
--Powermax General Electrical Merchants Ltd--
Human Resources Manager
Company Name: Backmart Merchants Limited
Summary of the position
This role will ensure the implementation of HR operations within the department across several branches.
1. Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department; preparing and managing the HR Calendar.
2. Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
3. Recruitment – Identifying vacancies in the organization, Staffing, recruiting, selecting, interviewing, hiring and promoting staff.
4. Inducting new employees – Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, and opportunities for promotion.
5. Performance management.
6. Provide guidance and direction to compensation, develop strategic compensation plans, and align performance management systems with compensation structures.
7. Training and Development of employees – Conducting staff audits and analyzing training needs for employee development.
8. Conducting market salary surveys.
9. Administering staff disciplinary processes and procedures. Ensure fair judgment decisions for all employees/equity when drafting warnings, dismissals, transfers, and terminations.
10. Employee Relations- Ensure conflict/dispute resolution amongst staff while enhancing a harmonious working environment. Ensuring the rules and regulations are followed by everyone.
11. Ensures the business operates in compliance with all labor laws i.e. leave day’s entitlement, salary payment, probation, and disciplinary procedures among others
12. Preparing and attending Labour Audit meetings
13. Representing the company in court cases in relation to labour issues and unions.
14. Team management – Manage the human resource team and liaise with branch managers and hotel managers.
15. Employee separation – Oversee exit interviews
Key Requirements (qualifications and skills)
• 6 years’ experience preferably in the hospitality and retail industry
• CHRP and/or Higher Diploma in HR
• Masters is an added advantage
• Prior experience in overseeing 400 employees
• Prior experience in developing human resource systems
• Experience managing a group of companies is an added advantage
• Team player and competent to work independently.
• Ability to adapt to changes and to be responsive in any/all situations.
• Multi-tasking ability and good judgment with the ability to work under pressure.
• Willing to support multiple branches within Nairobi and Kiambu county.