Health and Nutrition Technical Program Coordinator
Posted 3 Days Ago
Job requisition idR23608
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Project Design, Planning and implementation
- Ensure that the cluster designs are in line with the Integrated Health, Nutrition sectors and national office strategy
- Integrate Health, Nutrition projects activities with other sectors and also the Health district development plan
- Supervise and monitor ongoing activities under the Cluster ADP Health, Nutrition and WASH projects.
- Roll out Health, Nutrition projects models that meet quality standards
- Coordinate Cluster/AP Health, Nutrition projects being implemented by partners and technical resource persons.
- Initiate and participate in Health, Nutrition district Advocacy initiatives
- Liaise with the National office Health, Nutrition and WASH Technical Managers for quality implementation of education projects.
- Facilitate mainstreaming of cross cutting themes (gender, advocacy, faith and development, environment, DRR and disability) in Health, Nutritionprojects.
- Integrate and address child protection in Health, Nutrition Projects
- Work with CHW and other Volunteers to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting Health, Nutrition, interventions
Capacity building and training
- Mobilize CHWs and others volunteers and conducting trainings to build capacities on integrated Health, Nutrition
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Health, Nutrition staff, interns, CHWs and others volunteers in integrated health nutrition; local level capacity and local linkages to support Health, Nutrition programs of the cluster.
- Identify (draft ToR) technical experts to train community groups and associations
- Liaise with the National Office Health, Nutrition Technical Managers on staff capacity building in relevant field
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the communal, district and provincial level.
- Participate and represent WVB in key donor engagements and technical working forums at communal and provincial , regional and National level when applicable
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with Cluster Health, programs
- Identify opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the areas of education
- Work closely with health district and Provinces Health, Nutrition department staff to facilitate local level advocacy
Research, M&E and Documentation
- Effectively document all information related to project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms
- Identify research areas, conduct research and document learnings
- Responsible for capturing child wellbeing indicators Related to Health, in the APs /cluster
- Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of Health, Nutrition projects
- Regular record and update monthly activity monitoring data to support evidence based monthly report.
- Spearhead the Cluster/APs Health, Nutrition and WASH periodic project output & outcome monitoring processes.
- Support GIK for his sector and be responsible for GIK good management and reporting for all distributions done in his sector
Project management and coordination
- Lead budgeting process of Health, Nutrition programs for the APs/cluster
- Track financial management and budgets allocated for the projects per AP/Cluster
- Continually monitor all expenditures of Health and Nutrition projects
- Submit timely information on budgets and financial reports, and be prepared to explain budget variances for APs projects
- Assure strict budget management and adherence to activity timelines to ensure proper accountability to WV and donors and effective project implementation
- Adhere to all WVB policies on procurement and financial management and report early to Supervisor as soon as any issue arises that may impact on the adherence to these policies
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports to the direct technical and administrative supervisors.
- Responsible for Health, Nutrition project assets at AP/cluster office
- Supervise CCDFs( performance and people management)
- Ensure the integration of cross cutting themes and empowered world Views(gender, advocacy, child protection, CC, community behavior change ) in all health and nutrition in the cluster.
- Identify projects ideas for viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support Health, Nutrition programs interventions.
- Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
- Contribute to feed into the pool of proposals ready for review and submission to donors.
Qualifications: Health, Nutrition and WASH /Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Nutrition, Sanitation Social Sciences or other degree with a diploma in Health, Nutrition and WASH Post graduate Health, Nutrition and WASH training is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience of at least 3 years in Health, Nutrition and WASH programming with reputable institution, national or international NGO
- Good understanding of Health, Nutrition and WASH concepts and issues in development context especially in Burundi
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel, stata
- Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good team player
- Ability to work with rural communities
Willingness to stay upcountry
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only