Head of Postgraduate School
Employment Type: Full-time
Beginning of employment: Immediately
Job Location Plot 6207 Rose lane Muyenga
Working Hours9:00 - 5:00
Date posted July 27, 2023
Valid through: August 4, 2023
The Head of Postgraduate School takes strategic oversight of Postgraduate Studies and postgraduate focused activity within the Institution. He or she coordinates strategy, policy and activities of the Postgraduate school. The primary goal is to support, encourage, and facilitate strong and value-added taught and research postgraduate programmes in the school including the development of related school policies and initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop and implement postgraduate policies.
- To create a research hub for the Institute.
- To manage and plan for Postgraduate studies at the Institute.
- To implement the Institute’s strategic plan.
Education / Qualifications / Training Required:
Essential: Holder of a Doctoral degree in Energy from a recognized University.
Desirable: Expert knowledge of Management and or within the Energy industry is an added advantage.
Previous Work Experience Required:
Essential: Minimum of ten (10) years of working as a leader of an organization in a busy environment.
Desirable: Progressive work experience within the Education industry.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes, these will be assessed through both the application process and also the interview.
- Comfortable taking on a leadership role.
- Able to see the big picture.
- Service oriented.
- Good at planning and organizing.
- Empathetic and sociable.
- Highly diplomatic.
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions.
- Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation.
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and students.