General Manager, Finance & Administration at Kenya Investment Authority (Keninvest)
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience12 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic financial advice, oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Managing Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status. He/She will also manage organizational cash flow and forecasting and further ensure optimal utilization and management of the Authority’s resources in functional areas of Finance, Human Resource & Administration in order to achieve strategic objectives of the Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing finance and human resources policies, regulations and strategies by ensuring effective and efficient utilization of finance and human resource in the Authority;
- Designing, developing and monitoring implementation of internal financial control measures and systems to safe guard the property and assets of the Authority;
- Carrying out Financial and Resource planning for the Authority including maintenance of financial records as well as preparation of Statutory accounts;
- Developing and managing the recruitment function, welfare of the Authority and other incentive schemes such as medical, employee insurance and other health and safety requirements;
- Regular reviewing of remuneration policy and structure, analyzing the staffing levels and advicing as appropriate on succession planning;
- Overseeing the professional development training program for staff and ensuring completion of annual performance appraisals;
- Providing appropriate guidance on the interpretation and implementation of financial and human resource regulations;
- Preparing, designing and maintaining a proper accounting and financial system;
- Overseeing the preparation of the core budget, providing technical support and advising line managers on budgeting, budget implementation and monitoring;
- Overseeing procurement, safeguarding and maintenance of assets of the Authority; and
- Overseeing staff assigned to the Authority and supporting Management committees as may be required.
Requirements for appointment i.
- Have a Master’s degree specializing in Finance/Accounts, Business Administration & Management or any other equivalent and relevant field from a recognized Institution.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounts, BCom (Finance/Accounts option) or any equivalent and other relevant field from a recognized Institution.
- Have at least twelve (12) years of experience five (5) of which must be in senior management in the public service or in a large and reputable organization in the private sector.
- Demonstrate results in work performance and ability to work with multigenerational staff.
- Be a Member in GOOD standing of a relevant Professional Body.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent and relevant.
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills including report writing;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and competence in the work performance;
- Strong resource mobilization skills with local and international development partners;
- Be IT proficient, analytical thinker and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task;
- Have Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, high leadership qualities, negotiation and personnel management skills; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Kenya Investment Authority
Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Kenyan Constitution
Successful candidate shall be required to meet the following compliance requirements and present them before engagement:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- A Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- A Clearance Certificate from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC); and
- A Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).