General Manager, Catering
RwandAir Catering Ltd has been in operation since the 1st of August 2014 and is a subsidiary of RwandAir Ltd. Our vision is to be the leading company in Hospitality and Airline services in Sub-Saharan and East Africa. We are looking for interested, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the position of:
DESIGNATION: Your designation shall be as General Manager, and you will report to the Chairperson of the Board of RwandAir Catering Ltd.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the Company activities are planned and directed to efficiently implement business strategy. Affirmed targets and standards for financial performance, Quality, Culture and Legislative adherence.
- Conduct regular reviews of the Company’s competitive environments and take appropriate measures to increase the market share and ensure that the Company retains its market position as the leading Airline Catering Services provider in the Country.
- Regularly analyze the financial viability and cost structure and take appropriate measures to monitor and reduce costs concerning the operations and services provided to the customers
- Facilitate enterprise-wide risk assessments and determine risk appetite and risk limits and develop appropriate plans to mitigate against the risk.
- Ensure staff motivation and loyalty are improved to minimize staff turnover.
- Ensure the effective provision, utilization, and protection of the Company’s properties and equipment and other facilities.
- Drive change in the Company culture, including its values and reputation in the market while taking into account the various stakeholders.
- Assist RwandAir Ltd in whichever ways possible to achieve its goal and targets
Candidate Back Ground and experience
- Previous experience in Airline Catering
- Previous experience and knowledge of Food and Beverage
- Previous experience in Finance and Budgeting
- Previous experience in procurement
- Previous experience in Logistics
- Previous experience in Administration
- Knowledge of Fleet management
- Excellent Man management skills
- Preferable experience of work in Africa
- Ability to relate with and understand, authority at a very high level
- Ability to be “Hands On” when required.
This position requires a hands-on person that can quickly adapt to challenges and the environment of working in a high-pressure industry which is 24/7.
The ability to stay calm and deal with many different authorities working at the airport. By showing and understanding respect for each of these authorities.
Must have the ability to advise/ implement processes and procedures to improve and benefit RwandAir Catering Ltd, RwandAir Ltd and Rwanda.
Must be able to train and pass on knowledge to subordinates for succession planning.
Must have the ability to organize and re-structure the organization as and when needed.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- Copy of current passport;
- One passport photo;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is August 31, 2023. Please send your application to email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.