Gender and Social Inclusion Analyst
Job Identification : 12561
Locations : Juba, South Sudan
Posting Date : 07/23/2023, 06:12 AM
Apply Before : 07/28/2023, 06:12 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Vacancy Type : Individual Consultancy
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 6 months
Education and Work Experience : Master's Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English
Vacancy Timeline : 1 Week
Job Category : Gender Equality & Human Rights
South Sudan Country Office
Opening for Consultancy
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion Analyst-National Consultant
Contract type: Individual Consultant (Equivalent UN grade – NOB)
Closing date: 28 July 2023(5pm-South Sudan Time)
Duty Station: Juba, South Sudan
Purpose of consultancy:
The NPO-Gender and Social Inclusion facilitates the work of consultants, advisors and experts and establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues. The NPO-Gender and Social Inclusion must effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to jointly contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate. The NPO-Gender and Social Inclusion is a substantive contributor to the program team in the Country Office.
Under the overall guidance of the Representative and oversight of the Deputy Representative and direct supervision of the Gender Specialist, the National Program Officer – Gender and Social Inclusion (NPO-Gender and Social Inclusion) substantively contributes to the effective management of UNFPA activities in the gender and social inclusion programme. He/she analyzes and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends and provides substantive inputs to project formulation, implementation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. The NPO-Gender and Social Inclusion guides and facilitates the delivery of UNFPA programmes, especially C19RM supported by Global Fund and monitoring and reporting the results achieved in the implementation of the same. He/she ensures and guides the appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements for gender and social inclusion programme
Scope of work
The incumbent will perform the following tasks: 1. Environmental scanning and advocacy:
- Ensures daily follow-up of the general situation of the country, particularly by regularly gathering information on gender issues.
- Undertakes missions and assessments as appropriate to inform strategic approaches and for addressing ICPD agenda.
- Proactively advocates for inclusion of gender issues in relevant local policies, plans, Programmes, strategies and surveys/studies.
- Liaises with state authorities when planning and implementing gender activities.
- Strongly advocates for UNFPA work and mandate to partners and donor agencies.
2. Programme Development, Management and Coordination:
- Contributes to integration of gender issues in Programmes and projects.
- Supports developing comprehensive gender programmes by working closely with relevant government ministries, technical teams and officials, local NGOs and UN agencies active on the ground.
- Supports gender programme budgeting and tracking implementation of activities in line with assigned budgets, especially for Global Fund.
- Supports capacity assessment and development of national counterparts and relevant stakeholders in the areas related to gender, especially for C19RM Global Fund.
- Maintains solid working relationship and constantly share relevant information with UN partner agencies and other units
- Work closely with other partners and contribute to preparation of proposals for donors
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Representative
- The National Programme Officer Gender maintains collaborative relationships with all Programme and project staff at the CO. Internal contacts include the Deputy Representative, the Programme Specialist, the Programme Officers, and the CO’s Programme/ technical team and Operations team. External contacts include other UN agencies in country and counterparts in Country Programme activities.
- Prepares activity reports, Programme reports, and donor reports according to UNFPA reporting requirements, especially for C19RM Global Fund.
- Documents the best practices and approaches for deepening the knowledge base for UNFPA and partners
Required expertise, qualifications, and competencies, including language requirements.
Strong development planning and strategic planning skills coupled with strong writing skills and excellent communication skills with multiple stakeholders.
Master’s degree in gender studies and/or other related social science field is required
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience required preferably in social services, Programme/project management in the public, NGO or private sector.
- Experience with Programme administrative functions will be a clear advantage.
- Experience of managing funds, especially Global Fund will be an added advantage.
- Experience in knowledge management, documentation, and reporting
- Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications
- Previous experience in UN system an asset
- Technical knowledge, skills and understanding of GBV, RH and M&E
- Strong ability to produce demonstrable results.
- South Sudanese national
- Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
Embracing cultural diversity,
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
Thinking analytically and strategically,
Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Results-based Programme development and management
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Resource mobilization
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
- Working in teams
- Communicating information and ideas
- Conflict and self-management
- Empowerment/developing people/performance management
- Integrity/commitment to mandate
- Continuous sharing/continuous learning
- Valuing diversity Compensation and Benefits:
This position of Consultancy will not offer any remuneration package and other benefits as applicable.