Finance Manager at LIPTON Teas and Infusions
- Job Type:Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience8 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
PURPOSE OF THE ROLLE
- This is a senior position which seeks to increase the long term share value and to safeguard the assets of the company by: finding ways to improve the performance of the financial operation, ensuring a satisfactory system of internal controls in the organization, shareholder wealth maximization, safeguarding the assets of the company – avoiding wastage through prudent investment, maintaining adequate liquidity to facilitate prompt claims service without jeopardizing investment income and ensuring compliance with regulation.
Regulatory, Statutory & Management Reporting
- Overall responsibility for all Finance aspects in Kenya, which includes Tax, Actuarial, Controlling, FP&A and Capital Management responsibilities.
- Accountable for timely and accurate delivery of ekaterra Tea Kenya’s external financial reporting and maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Business partnering and support role to the Managing Director, which includes updates on business strategy execution and profitability assessments of each line of business.
- Primary Finance contact to the independent, non-executive directors, and responsible for accurate and timely Board reporting.
- Oversight of all local financial statement and regulatory filings, and primary Finance liaison with all regulatory authorities.
- Management of the audit process with external and internal auditors
- Implement and monitor Monthly Financial Reporting with a key focus on business performance, profitability, and strategy execution.
- Establish and implement the regulations on and procedures of financial management, cost management, budget management, accounting, accounting supervision and audit; Supervise the implementation of above-mentioned regulations and procedures.
- Represent ekaterra Tea Kenya to the regulator regarding all financial matters when required and in the board of directors.
- Managing capital to meet regulatory requirements, dividend commitments and investment requirements; optimizing deployment of and returns on capital within those constraints.
- Embedding the use of key performance metrics within the organization to drive actions and improve performance.
- Delivering well-supported budgets, plans and forecasts in line with ekaterra Tea Kenya’s timelines, along with regular progress updates and action recommendations as appropriate
- Ensure proper tax planning, computation and accounting and remittance of all applicable taxes (PAYE, VAT)
- Business Partnership & Leadership
- Engage with executive management as a strategic partner, influencing the future direction of the company and aligning business and finance strategy to achieve profitable and sustainable growth.
- Instill a financial approach and mind set throughout the organization as a catalyst to help other parts of the business perform better.
- Designing and implementing change to organizational design, processes, and systems to meet current and future reporting obligations.
- Improving efficiency whilst maintaining control standards consistent with ekaterra Tea Kenya’s policies and regulatory requirements; Control environment and Framework
- Provide a preventive financial control environment, aligned to company and legislative requirements.
- Ensure integrity of all financial data in underlying administrative system.
- Ensure control over operating systems impacting financial performance is implemented and operating effectively.
- Recommend improvements and adjustments as needed to ensure operational efficiency and meet operating requirements.
- Remediate and resolve material weaknesses and significant deficiencies identified through internal audit within agreed timelines
- Liaise with internal auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Liaise with external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Keep abreast of local financial, legislative environment; advise the Leadership Team on financial issues which arise and the consequences of proposed course of action.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in line with company and legislative requirements
- Ensure Internal and External financial reporting is concluded on a timely manner with appropriate approvals
- Administer the work of investment committee.
- Manage account reconciliations accordingly to company and auditor’s standard.
- Leading, mentoring and professionally developing people, making best and highest use of talent including exporting to benefit the wider ekaterra, managing succession plans, fostering a culture of collaboration and promoting and delivering the benefits of working collaboratively to deliver ekaterra Tea Kenya ’s strategic objectives
- Aligning activity of Finance department in ekaterra Tea Kenya with regional and global partners.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant Business Degree (e.g. B.Com – Accounting or MBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (K)/ACCA
- Member of the ICPAK
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Finance related position, Senior Accounting Position, Finance Manager or Chief Finance Officer.
- Working knowledge of a multinational organization is highly recommended.
- Working in a matrix reporting structure will be an advantage.
- Good background in process controls and audit
- Business acumen to understand ekaterra’s business and functions
- Solving complex problems
- Managerial courage and a strategic leader
- Organizational Agility
- Knowledge of fiscal regulation in Kenya & other African countries.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively at various levels
- Persistent, output-oriented mindset with strong ownership capabilities
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, including capability of dealing with several projects in parallel.
- As per job/site requirements, local travel likely. International Travel when need arises to represent ekaterra Tea Kenya.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to LIPTON Teas and Infusions on career55.sapsf.eu to apply