Finance and Administration Manager at Deloitte Consulting
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Main purpose of the job
- The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will report to the COP and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting; financial management and reporting; contract/sub-award procurement and management; human resources management, asset management, logistics, and prime award compliance with terms and conditions of the award. The FAM will work with the anticipated award Senior Management to ensure that the anticipated award staff have the administrative and financial support required to deliver on the requirements of the award. Deloitte is seeking to fill this potential position for the above upcoming USAID Tuberculosis Program Support activity and the opportunity is contingent upon award. The position will be based in our Nairobi office, in Kenya.
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with the projects policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Kenyan laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
- Manage project procurement processes.
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Prepare and submit annual, quarterly and any ad hoc financial and accrual reports to USAID.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Supervise other project-based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative and contract & grants staff.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Human Resources, or other relevant fields.
- Certified/Chartered Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification is required for this position.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience supervising overall financial and administration operations of donor-funded activities (e.g. teams of human resource, logistics, grant/contract, and finance staff) of similar dollar value
- Demonstrated financial management, analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Skilled in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good Leadership, supervisory and influencing skills.
- Good coordination and organization skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good business acumen.
- Diligent and quick learner
- Proactive and has the ability to assess a situation and independently take action to address it.