Expert for Comprehensive Analysis On Extractives
|Industries :||Services other|
|Job ads :||See our Job Ads|
Company descriptionATAF strives to build efficient and effective tax administrations in Africa to become the leader on African tax matters, enhance economic... read more
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Expert for Comprehensive Analysis On Extractives
The African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) has received financing from the African Development Fund toward the cost of the Regional Institutional Support Project for Public Financial Governance – Phase II (RISPFG) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this Grant to payments under the contract for a Short-Term Expert for comprehensive analysis on extractives.
- The services included under this project are improving income tax policy and administration in African countries by providing expert advice, support and training to tax officials, developing effective income tax policies and regulations, and building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- The Short-Term Expert for comprehensive analysis on extractives will be accountable for conducting original research on the mining fiscal regimes (including detailed analysis of existing fiscal regimes to identify gaps) and the coordination with ATAF member states that would have expressed interest in participating in the project.
Required profile for job ad : Expert for Comprehensive Analysis On Extractives
The Individual expert is expected to have among others the following qualifications and key competencies:
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree in one of the following:
- Taxation, Accounting, Public Finance, Economics, Fiscal Studies, Tax Law and Public Administration or related field obtained from recognized accredited universities with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of working experience in tax administration/tax policy/ministry of finance/ministry of mines or similar functions.
- He/she must have detailed knowledge of the fiscal landscape of mining sector in Africa.
- He/she should have at least 3-years professional research in the field of tax administration or tax policy around the African continent.
- Ability to speak in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Ability to distil large amounts of information into specific takeaways.
- Ability to conduct original research.
- Ability to handle huge volumes of data.
- Publication experience in peer-reviewed journals (at least 3 publications in the fields of tax administration/ tax policy or related field should be submitted as reference).
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of contemporary research methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical analysis packages such R, Python, EViews, Stata and SPSS.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, other departments, membership, and the public.
- High level of integrity and accountability in all aspects of work.
- Ability to speak and write reports in English.
Job criteria for job ad : Expert for Comprehensive Analysis On Extractives
|Job category :||Accounting, controlling, financeServices|
|Industries :||Services other|
|Employment type :||Fixed-term contract|
|City :||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Experience level :||5 to 10 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Spoken language :||English›Fluent|
|Key Skills :||ADVICE, FINANCE, SUPPORT, CONTROLLING, TRAINING, STAT, TAXATION, TAX LAW, ACCOUNTING, PUBLIC FINANCE|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Be cautious! Do not send money to a potential employer. Do not pay any money for a potential contract of employment or for pre-employment training.
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".