Executive Sous Chef at Four Seasons Safari
Four Seasons Serengeti is perched on a series of elevated platforms and walkways, our Lodge sits next to an animal watering hole, where you can watch a family of elephants stop for their morning drink as you sip your own out on your room’s private balcony. Under the constant protection of local Maasai tribes people, we’ll take you in the bush for an exhilarating game drive, or you can soar high in the sky on a hot-air balloon safari.
1. Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the kitchen through effective management and leadership to ensure that established standards are met; by long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
2. Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel; ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
3. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
4. Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons and local regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
5. Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
6. Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule.
7. Communicates effectively with staff and ensure they are fully briefed at all times
8. Maintains organized administration of departmental and personnel records, including rostering, leave planning and employee feedback.
9. Ensures employees adhere to the code of conduct and grooming & hygiene standards as specified in the employee handbook.
10. Conducts daily briefing and monthly departmental meeting (with minutes copied to division head) and participates in meetings when invited
11. Participates in recruitment & selection of kitchen staff and provides regular and fair performance feedback to employees, formally and informally as appropriate
12. Is seen as a hands-on leader, assists employees in crunch times; Walks the talk
13. Maintains a clean and orderly work area and ensures tools & equipment are well maintained and in sufficient supply
14. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
15. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee handbook.
16. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers .
- A college degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required
- Two to five years of previous management experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head levels.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a working technical knowledge of the Division as well as Four Seasons standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on the job.
- Requires the ability to operate Computer Equipment and other food & Beverage Computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools. Requires Reading, Writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
MODE OF APPLICATION
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!