Executive Director at Private Sector Federation (PSF)
PRIVATE SECTOR FEDERATION (PSF) JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
REPORT TO: Cluster Chair Person
SUPERVISES: Accountant; HR; Procurement, IT specialists
The Private Sector Federation in Rwanda (PSF) is a professional organization, dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
PSF is purely a private entity, governed by a Board of Directors elected from the business community at the grassroots level to represent and advocate for members’ interests. The Secretariat drives the operations of the Federation through coordination of five (5) clusters, 76 professional associations, 5 Provinces and 30 Districts.
The specialized cluster is one of the Clusters of the Private Sector Federation in Rwanda. It is a cross-cutting cluster, an umbrella organization of women, youth, and persons with disabilities entrepreneurs from all sectors of business activities. Its mandate is to empower women, youth and person with disabilities entrepreneurs through capacity building, advocacy, networking, support services, social corporate responsibility and forging partnerships with key stakeholders.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing all financial, administrative, and operation aspects of the project by ensuring compliance with PSF / SPECIALIZED CLUSTER. The Executive Director will manage the operations team which oversights the finance, operations, procurement and logistics, human resources (HR), and IT functions. The Executive Director is a member of the Core Management Team (CMT).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day financial and operational oversight to ensure the team meets deadlines for critical financial, administrative, and operational as per PSF / Specialized Cluster reporting requirements.
- Oversee finance, human resources, logistics, procurement, administration, and information technology functions, requesting direction from PSF / SPECIALIZED CLUSTER headquarters business partners as needed.
- Ensure that administrative, financial, and accounting operations are carried out in accordance with PSF / SPECIALIZED rules, policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the PSF Chair person, technical staff, PSF / Specialized Cluster office staff, and other designed technical staff when necessary, to ensure resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored, and reported to achieve project objectives and results.
- Provide training and guidance to the Chairperson, technical staff, and accounting team on managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivables, and payables).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
- Manage and monitor performance of office petty cash system.
- Oversee the recruitment of required local human resources, e.g. project coordinator in accordance with approved procedures and budget, and in compliance with Rwandan labor law.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or any relevant field
- 8 years related work experience in finance, administration, and project management, sponsorship and funding and experience preferably for international organizations in international settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience as Executive Director or in other managerial position Experience in developing strategies and plans.
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- In depth knowledge of corporate governance principles and managerial best practices
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills. Excellent in both English and French.
VII. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS :
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the above-mentioned positions and submit online at firstname.lastname@example.org; complete applications (only soft copies) made of a CV, a motivation letter, notarized copies of certificates, diploma/degree, identity card, copy of driving license and three persons of reference with their phone numbers to the following address no later than 22nd August 2023 at 11:00 AM.
To the attention of:
The Director of Human Resources
Private Sector Federation
P.O. Box 319 Kigali
Location: GIKONDO Expo-grounds
Done at Kigali, on 8th August 2023