ENGINEER - WATER/UTILITY
Physical Environment/Water Utility Services
Posted 30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1183Apply
Salary Range:$82,000.00 To 110,000.00 Annually
The City of Lake Worth Beach invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Engineer.
This is a Full-Time, Exempt position with an annual salary of $82,000.00 - $110,000.00. The individual in this position will work at the Water Treatment Plant located at 301 College Street, Lake Worth Beach, FL 33460.
In addition, this position offers:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- 14 Paid Holidays
- City of Lake Worth Beach Medical Benefits that include Life Insurance, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement Plan
As a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE), the employee will perform independent professional and technical engineering work requiring application of standard engineering principles and procedures independently, perform complex engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Exercise judgment in decision making related to the selection of engineering techniques, alternatives, procedures, and criteria. Thorough knowledge of engineering principles, procedures, and practices applied in planning, location, design, construction, and operation in water, wastewater and stormwater, as well as appropriate industry standards (e.g., environmental, state and county permitting, etc) and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews plans for contracted improvement projects by consulting engineering firms.
- Prepares engineering analyses of some difficulty and prepares specifications, process studies, research investigations, and reports.
- Coordinates new utility service and installations with developers, engineers and property owners.
- Responds to utility availability requests and easement consent form requests
- Reviews site plan submittals for water, sewer and drainage compliance, and attends Site Plan Review Committee meetings and development pre-application meetings.
- Reviews building and right of way permits for water, sewer and drainage compliance.
- Coordinates utility conflicts with other agencies, including Palm Beach County, FPU, AT&T and other municipalities as well as other City of Lake Worth Beach Departments.
- Coordinates compliance of current water use permit and future water use plan with South Florida Water Management District.
- Maintains Water and Sewer Approved Products List, and evaluates submittals from vendors for consideration.
- Coordinates all system changes and improvements with GIS department, and updates water and sewer utilities information and projects for website.
- Assists with development of department policies, procedures and design standards
- Evaluates Water Production, Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Regional Sewer, Local Sewer Collection, Local Sewer Pumping, Stormwater Collection and Stormwater Treatment systems for adequacy and long term goals and objectives.
- Inspects construction work in progress to determine whether proper materials, safety provisions and workmanship are used and compliance with plans and specifications.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the Water Utility Emergency Management Plan and serves as essential staff.
- Personal contacts include other engineering personnel, customers, contractors, and suppliers requiring the cultivation and maintenance of effective business relationships.
- Assists in representing organization interests to a variety of outside groups.
- Assists in preparing departmental budget estimates by assembling and preparing data, reports, and cost estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administratively manage small to medium sized capital improvement design and construction projects for water, sewer and stormwater infrastructure.
- Maintain the water utilities hydraulic water, sewer and stormwater models.
- Requires negotiating skills and diplomacy.
Complexity and Magnitude of Assignments
Perform assignments, which involve design plans, investigations, process studies, specifications, surveys, structures, or equipment with increasingly more complex features and aspects.
Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Write effective letters and reports, responses to regulatory agencies with associated documentation and complete basic forms. Independently research and prepare reports. Be capable of persuasive written and verbal arguments. Speak effectively in one-on-one situations and to small groups.
Continuing Education and Development
Maintain currency in assigned engineering discipline, regulatory and other related knowledge by reviewing industry standards and innovations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited educational institution. Minimum 5 years applicable engineering work experience.
Apply basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and ability to produce the following:
AutoCad Drawings, Basic GIS Maps, PowerPoint Presentations, Technical Reports, Letters/ Public Notices, Excel spreadsheets of varying complexity.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Valid Florida driver’s license
PE: Professional Engineer license in the State of Florida.
FEMA NIMS Certifications in 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800 (may be completed at start of employment)