Engineer: Control and Instrumentation at Petra Diamonds Tanzania
Dar es salaam,
Petra Diamonds is a leading independent diamond mining group and an increasingly important supplier of rough diamonds to the international market. The Williamson Diamond Mine is situated 23 kilometres northeast of Shinyanga in Tanzania.
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned below.
Engineer: Control and Instrumentation
Engineer: Control and Instrumentation at Petra Diamonds Tanzania August, 2023
Position Title: Engineer: Control and Instrumentation
Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mvvadui, Shinyanga
Report: Chief Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the role is responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of process instrumentation, control elements, control systems and application specific electronic equipment within the control and instrumentation (C & I) discipline.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Install and maintain radiation equipment (X-Ray Diamond Sorters) according to maintenance schedules and requirements.
- Install and maintain communications networks.
- De-energise and apply the lock-out procedure as per Company policy.
- Cany out repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance work on all C & I equipment and related control systems to comply with product technical specifications.
- Attend to the relevant administrative functions, such as data pack documentation management. (Loop drawings, P&ID’s etc.
- Execute C & I projects in line with accepted project management principles to enhance, improve and optimise operations.
- Continuously analyse equipment efficiencies to recommend or implementing improvements and changes to maximise operations.
- Co-ordinate and monitor equipment availability to ensure adherence to production parameters.
- Co-ordinate the monitoring, installation, service and reconditioning of a variety of equipment, instruments and control systems.
- Monitor the implementation of new equipment and systems, taking specifications in consideration.
- Investigate and diagnose problems and breakdowns to determine resource requirements and order spares.
- Take cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non-compliance
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Perform risk assessments (General and Mini).
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and effective / sound communication systems within the Engineering Function and operation.
- Effective team player and effective self-management
- Advance Diploma OR Bachelor of Science in engineering majoring in one of the following fields: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering or Electronics and Instrumentations.
Minimum requirements for all applicants;
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the Control & Instrumentation (C & I) discipline.
- Strong technical skills.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite
- Driver’s license
- Experience with Siemens TIA Portal and WinCC software.
- Experience with Profibus/Profinet and industrial Ethernet networks.
- AutoCAD and/or MS Visio experience.
- Experience with diamond sorting equipment using X-ray media separation techniques.
- Read, interpret, and maintain instrumentation drawings.
- Install and maintain process instruments and control elements.
- Calibrate process instruments.
- Install and maintain application specific electronic systems.
- Perform advanced fault finding and repairs.
- Knowledge of PLC and SC AD A systems and networks.
PLEASE NOTE: Petra Diamonds is currently aligning its organisational structure to the operational mode! therefore all job titles and job profiles are under review. This may influence the grading of the position.
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses on or before 15th August, 2023 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P O. Box 23,