Location: Uganda Deadline: 31/07/2023
Job Title: Document Controller
Direction: Tilenga Project
Reports to: Head of DW Performance & Digital
The main responsibility of the job holder’s:
- To participate in the implementation of the Documentation Management system, setting-up and explaining rules and procedures, jointly with the Method Engineer and with the help of concerned people in Headquarters.
- To establish and implement the Document Control Procedures and ensure compliance.
- To be informed of Company Specifications (GS's/GR's), TEPU and Company procedures, etc. related to Documentation Management and their application to the Project.
- To follow and improve the Documentation Management system.
- To control the conformity of data entered on the Drilling and Wells main databases, using special tools for automatic control (Wellview Audit), commenting on the conformity of documents, and rejecting documents as necessary.
- To provide support (training, daily assistance, advises) in the use of Documentation Management System to the office and rig site team for their document-related duties (review and comment of documents, approval process, etc.) and, as a general manner, to aid the team for all matters related to documentation management activities.
- Ensure documents are shared at key times to facilitate timely project completion.
- To keep and archive digital copies of documents as required.
- Participate in the Drilling and Wells Permitting and approval process.
- Animate regular follow up and update of the register.
- Provide bi-weekly reporting on document control activities, challenges and proposed improvements opportunities.
Qualifications & Required Experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Management, Information Management Systems.
- Knowledge in QA/QC for data management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Documentation management. Experience within Drilling organizations in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Medium proficiency in the Information, Data & Document Management area. Understanding of Project Technical. Documentation Requirements and Deliverables.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (Office 365 - SharePoint). Excellent writing skills, technical documentations, specifications, training materials, presentations, and others.
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Working experience with generating Document Control reports/Statistics