Director of Flight Operations at Air Excel Tanzania
Role Title: Director of Flight Operations
Role level: Senior Management
Reporting to: Accountable Manager
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Remuneration: To be determined by experience.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Flight Operations to join our Senior Management team and flight crew; ensure the safe and efficient operation of the flying section of the Company; and represent the Company to the regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that safe and efficient operations are maintained throughout the Company and that there is optimum communication flow between management and staff.
- Manage all operational staff and give directives concerning daily flight operations, aircraft operations, staff requirements and scheduling.
- Drive key business initiatives and solutions as it relates to flight operations.
- Provide the Accountable Manager with timely and accurate reports on Operations performance, status and personnel.
- Be the primary interface between the Company and all regulatory authorities and any external agencies which may affect the Company’s operations.
- Represent the company in a polite, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain a valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence at all times.
- Ensure any amendments or revisions to the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority’s Regulations are implemented to the Operation in a timely manner.
- Identify, amend, and revise Company manuals under the DFO’s responsibility in accordance with changes to the Authorities Regulations.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Accountable Manager.
- Fly the company aircraft as per the companies’ Standard Operating Procedures and as operations departments’ instructions – ensuring all rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure to complete and keep track of all necessary paperwork in relation to flights and duties in a prompt and accurate manner.
You will have:
- Current ICAO Airline Transport Pilot Licence
- Minimum three years experience as a Pilot-In-Command in commercial air transport operations of large aircraft
- Minimum total time = 5,000 hours
- Minimum time on C208B = 1,000 hours
- Minimum time on twin-engine = 2,500 hours
- No accident/incident history in the last 5 years
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, presentation & administrative skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- A strong background in aviation management, operations and ICAO regulatory implementation
- Ability to work independently and in a proactive manner
- Ability to cope in and manage high-pressure situations
- Ability to relocate to Arusha
Recommended:Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Ability to start work immediately
- Proficiency in additional languages
- Strong knowledge and experience using Google Workspace
- Familiarity with Tanzanian flight operations, including Northern Tanzania (Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti)
- Experience operating scenic flights
- A degree in any of the following: aviation management, operations, resource management, dangerous goods, and/or regulatory implementation
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please email your application to email@example.com as soon as possible and include the following:
- Add Director of Flight Operations as the email subject
- Cover letter
Please also include at least two letters of recommendation
Deadline for applications: 31st August, 2023.