Director - ICT (Other Ministries/State Departments) - 34 Positions
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
Duties and Responsibilities
In the MDAs, the Director- ICT will be responsible to the Principal Secretary for the overall management and coordination of the ICT function. Specific duties and responsibilities will include: -
- Planning, directing, controlling and coordinating ICT operations including budget and budgetary control, accountability and prudent utilization of resources;
- Implementing and ensuring adherence to ICT policies, guidelines, standards, strategies and programmes;
- Providing technical advice on ICT and emerging technologies;
- Monitoring and evaluating programmes relating to ICT services;
- Continuously liaising with the Ministry responsible for ICT on shared services, upcoming implementations, reporting and other ICT related matters;
- Coordinating research and development on emerging ICT issues for purposes of improvement in service delivery;
- Developing and implementing ICT programmes, projects and processes in liaison with business owners to meet service delivery needs;
- Coordinating analysis of ICT system requirements and business process re-engineering to meet business needs;
- Overseeing the implementation and integration of ICT shared systems; and
- Ensuring ICT capacity building and optimal deployment of ICT officers.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: -
- Served for a minimum period of ten (10) years, two (2) of which should have been in the grade of Assistant Director, ICT CSG ‘7’ and above or in comparable and relevant position in the wider public service or private sector;
- A Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields: Computer Technology; Informatics, Business Information Technology (BBIT), Computing Science and Technology, Computer Security and Forensics, Computer/Software/Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters Degree in Computer Science of any other ICT discipline from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated a high level of competence and outstanding management qualities in computerized information systems, ICT policies and e-government strategies.
- Thorough understanding of the national goals and objectives and the ability to interpret and apply them to the computing management concepts.
Note: Possession of a certificate in project management from a recognized institution will be considered an added advantage.