Job Description :
Job Title: Data Controller
Type of Role: Permanent
Reports To: Governance, Controls, Compliance & Quality Assurance Manager
About the company
UBL is a subsidiary of EABL who owns 98.2% of UBL and 100% of IDU. Diageo in turn own 50.03% of EABL.
UBL operates within a multi-cultural, multi-national environment. UBL is further categorized into Demand and Supply functions. The Supply business focuses on the production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and selling the product through RTM partners and retailers to consumers.
It operates brewing, bottling, canning and kegging operations with beer, spirits, non-alcoholic and ready to drink products in its portfolio. To deliver its ambition of being the leading beverage industry and to ensure consistent growth in a daring business environment, it is important that the business concentrates on its technical operations & capacity building while ensuring that the stakeholder and customer value is consistently managed and improved.
This role plays a key part in UBL operations by supporting the Make and Brand Technical teams to offer effective Data Management solutions in the end to end Brand Change and Technical operations. These will include Innovations, Renovations, New to Market, Pack Changes and Supply and Operations (Tramlines, Margin Enhancements, etc) projects.
The role works closely with the local Brand Change team, Supply Chain team across Plan, Source, Make and Move, Finance, DBSI & Global Data Governance teams. It supports other teams in the Global Centres, Marketing and Sales team members in UBL.
Handle all assigned Data related projects as Data lead to deliver projects NSV and drive savings for UBL, on time, in full and with no errors.
The role will interface across various functions in UBL and above-market - local Brand Change team, Supply Chain team across Plan, Source, Make and Move, Finance, DBSI & Global Data Governance teams, Brand Change teams in the Global Centres, Marketing and Sales teams, therefore a high level of cultural awareness and influencing skills will be required.
As this is a brand change role, a high degree of ambiguity is the norm and crafting possibilities and finding solutions are vital capabilities. Ensuring that all data related technical problems (both internal and external) are resolved optimally and in a timely manner to avoid loss of time.
The role has no direct reports but requires a lot of self-drive and cross functional teamwork.
About the role:
- To support all brand change activity through accurate creation, development and maintenance of all component and product data covering UBL operations. This includes core component and product master data, bill of material set up as well as creation of all new packaging component and liquid specifications.
- The role will also be critical in resolving all Date-related quality errors to ensure accurate Master Data set up and status.
- The role is critical to ensure all new product introductions are delivered within project timelines to meet brand change KPI targets.
- There will also be scope within the role to develop organizational change skills by supporting/leading Improve and Transform opportunities within the department.
- There will also be scope within the role to also deputize other roles within the department.
- This role will work with process teams and other collaborators contributing towards the department’s goals and targets while striving to deliver results through influencing others without authority.
- Proactively supports colleagues in the pursuit of shared goals. Retains a focus on the outputs and challenges others accordingly.
- Embraces a range of approaches to get things done across different parts of the business.
- Operates in a driven and purposeful manner and is tenacious at achieving goals.
- Demonstrates outstanding stakeholder engagement capability.
- No direct reports - achieving results through the development of key relationships and influencing key stakeholders.
- To develop and deliver all project data requirements for small to large- scale brand change solutions on behalf of the project team, including Material Master Data and Bill of Material Master Data.
- To pro-actively lead the product life cycle i.e. creating, developing and amending product codes, creation of all new material and liquid specifications, and to obsolete products which have reached the end of their lifecycle.
- To connect with the relevant collaborators – e.g. the identification of the component purchase price with Source COE; master data set up and amendment with GBO Data organization.
- To drive the relevant actions based on the outputs of the monthly Data Quality KPIs, and ensure overall data quality is always at a high level.
- Drive relevant process & data improvements to ensure efficient and effective process & good data.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in a Business or Science field
- Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- A Brewing or Distilling qualification will be an added advantage.
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- A keen eye for detail and understanding the importance of accurate data.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Experienced to Mastery knowledge of SAP ECC, PLM, MS-Office and the relevant data objects.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you. Apply to join us.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :